Contribute
Register

bitdoctor's MiniMacPro Build: intel Core i7-3770 - Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI - HD 4000 - 16 GB - 256 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
Hi Bitdoctor,
I just built my hack and took me a while to get to where I am now. Now im installing multibeast and the options that I put then go to restart the hack. It comes boots perfectly just i dont see much of anything on the screen. It looks very distorted and and some horizontal lines. Can u please help. Im running the new Mountainlion and the new version of multibeast, also have a gigabyte h77n motherboard UEFI.

David I think you messed something up in settings, is it lines and freezing or just lines? Either way I would boot in verbose mode and take a pay attention to anything it might hang up on. Then restart, boot in safe mode, a reinstall / new multibeast settings may be necessary.

Bitdoctor I just finish! :)

Congratulations magdale! :thumbup: Well done and thanks for posting a photo of your new build! Let us know if you decide to share your experience in your own thread.

Bitdoctor thank you very much! you've been very kind! I make you another question: I bought for my iMac lion 10.8. Can I use it also for the customac creating a new account or not?

As you probably discovered, you shouldn't have a problem using a UniBeast prepared Mountain Lion USB installation disk for multiple CustoMac builds or installations. In general, I'm unsure of the CustoMac licensing situation. Probably there are many other threads on this forum devoted to the licensing topic. Installing a copy of Mountain Lion purchased from the Mac App Store on just one computer (genuine Apple hardware or CustoMac hardware) would be more sensible though, with regards to honouring the license agreement, than installing it on multiple computers.

Hi Bitdoctor,
I just built my hack and took me a while to get to where I am now. Now im installing multibeast and the options that I put then go to restart the hack. It comes boots perfectly just i dont see much of anything on the screen. It looks very distorted and and some horizontal lines. Can u please help. Im running the new Mountainlion and the new version of multibeast, also have a gigabyte h77n motherboard UEFI.

Hi David7is, do you have more detailed specifications about your build? As suggested by daft_soul, booting in verbose mode (with the -v switch) might give you more clues as to where the problem might be.

Hi Bitdoctor! I just installed Lion 10.8.3 and Win7 in dual boot in the same ssd and It work very well...I'm happy!!

Just one question..have you connected all 4 usb port of front panel Antec case? Me only two and I dont know how connect other 2 ports. Thank you.

Hi Bitdoctor! I just installed Lion 10.8.3 and Win7 in dual boot in the same ssd and It work very well...I'm happy!!

Just one question..have you connected all 4 usb port of front panel Antec case? Me only two and I dont know how connect other 2 ports. Thank you.

Hi magdale! Just like you, I only have two of the ISK110 case's 4 x USB 2.0 front facing ports connected, because the GA-H77N-WIFI system board includes just 1 x F_USB1 header (for USB 2.0/1.1) and 1 x F_USB30 (for USB 3.0/2.0).

If you were keen, you could purchase (or build) a FEMALE USB 3.0 to MALE USB 2.0 adapter cable, and try to connect the additional 2 x USB 2.0 front facing ports to the F_USB30 header. The reverse combination of this adapter cable seems to be quite readily available at Amazon, newegg or on eBay, however I could find just one such cable at FrozenCPU.

Hi @bitdoctor

I just want to ask if the 90 watt psu of this antek is enough?

I am planning in purchasing the same parts with an ssd + the hybrid hdd from seagate. Do you think adding an additional hdd will still be enough for the built-in psu?

Congrats on your built..
Christian

I just bought the case and motherboard off Amazon. I clicked the link for the case off this forum post but I clicked the link for the mobo from the builder's guide on the home page so hopefully Tony gets paid. Nomination for golden build this thing looks awesome.

...Nomination for golden build this thing looks awesome.
We concur! :thumbup:

Congratulations to bitdoctor on his build description becoming a Golden Build. :clap::clap::clap:

I've been asked many times, "What makes a build description a Golden Build?" A Golden Build:
- Conforms to the User Builds Template;
- is more about why you built the system, and why you chose the particular components;
- is clear and concise with an easy to read grammar; and
- It contributes to the tonymacx86 knowledge base.​

So, again, congratulations to bitdoctor for an excellent build description!

I had the same case in mind for a conversion ive been planning through.

Would a Laptop motherboard fit in well though? I got a board that is actually smaller in size compared to Mini ITX boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back