Graphics
120 fps on dizzy down the rapids
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
lads i would really like a bit of reassurance concerning security .

i know that whatever you install is ultimately down to your own discretion and i am usually very carefull.

I get slightly paranoid when it comes to online security . it's not like i have the missing NSA* files on my hard drive or anything i just do not like that feeling my computer is being violated :crazy:

i am new to OSX and trying to learn as rapidly as possible . i started by researching the history of apple and steve jobs to development and so on . i am only just learning to use terminal

coming from windows i already know i will never be switching back however it feels like i have been crippled in my capability to control what my computer actually does and sees and so on

The problem is i used unibeast and multi beast without actually knowing what i was installing other than what it says on the tin . i decided to trust it as i like this community and it appeals to me as trustworthy
and i am very grateful for the opportunity to use it free of charge .

but now i have i still get lingering doubts and suspicions about all manner of things like key loggers and all sorts of backdoors being implemented through that software . so if someone could just tell me i am being paranoid i would appreciate it .

lads i would really like a bit of reassurance concerning security .

i know that whatever you install is ultimately down to your own discretion and i am usually very carefull.

I get slightly paranoid when it comes to online security . it's not like i have the missing NSA* files on my hard drive or anything i just do not like that feeling my computer is being violated :crazy:

i am new to OSX and trying to learn as rapidly as possible . i started by researching the history of apple and steve jobs to development and so on . i am only just learning to use terminal

coming from windows i already know i will never be switching back however it feels like i have been crippled in my capability to control what my computer actually does and sees and so on

The problem is i used unibeast and multi beast without actually knowing what i was installing other than what it says on the tin . i decided to trust it as i like this community and it appeals to me as trustworthy
and i am very grateful for the opportunity to use it free of charge .

but now i have i still get lingering doubts and suspicions about all manner of things like key loggers and all sorts of backdoors being implemented through that software . so if someone could just tell me i am being paranoid i would appreciate it .
Your being paranoid.....
but in all seriousness All it installing is Kexts and those are basically the Mac version of drivers so there is nothing to worry about.
Now in terms to viruses, contrary to popular belief you can infact get viruses on a Mac however it is not often and very tricky to code one for the Mac, These virus makers off ten neglect the Mac OS which is their downfall.
Hope all is well,
-uwillparish

Most hackintosh software is very open about what is installed. While tonymac tends to package everything up neatly and let you run a 'hands-off' install, most hackintosh stuff will describe what it does and how it does it.

There are often manual instructions incase you don't want to run scripts, and often source code is available.

For controlling the network connections of the various processes/programs on your system, you can use Littlesnitch. As for keyloggers, viruses etc - these are pretty rare on the mac and not a huge concern.

At the start you'll likely be working 'blind' and scattergunning files and utilities to get your hackintosh running, however keep researching and understanding what each tool does and why, and you'll know your computer better and feel happier about security.

I like tonymac, and it is where my hackintosh journey started. Multibeast - which essentially aggregates a bunch of other tested/verified kexts and patches, and applies them for you - is a fantastic tool which gets you up and running super fast. However, I'll be honest, exactly because of that ease - this community is not the best place to LEARN. The forums these days are full of questions, not answers - and not a lot of development takes place here. I hope I don't get into trouble for saying that!

Most hackintosh software is very open about what is installed. While tonymac tends to package everything up neatly and let you run a 'hands-off' install, most hackintosh stuff will describe what it does and how it does it.

There are often manual instructions incase you don't want to run scripts, and often source code is available.

For controlling the network connections of the various processes/programs on your system, you can use Littlesnitch. As for keyloggers, viruses etc - these are pretty rare on the mac and not a huge concern.

At the start you'll likely be working 'blind' and scattergunning files and utilities to get your hackintosh running, however keep researching and understanding what each tool does and why, and you'll know your computer better and feel happier about security.

I like tonymac, and it is where my hackintosh journey started. Multibeast - which essentially aggregates a bunch of other tested/verified kexts and patches, and applies them for you - is a fantastic tool which gets you up and running super fast. However, I'll be honest, exactly because of that ease - this community is not the best place to LEARN. The forums these days are full of questions, not answers - and not a lot of development takes place here. I hope I don't get into trouble for saying that!

i agree there are 2 schools of hackintoching(think blue pill or red pill).
there are many other sites that teach the nuts and bolts of osx...
granted whichever route u take it is still a learning curve,this sites tool just make the journey,
less painful for most users..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back