Mobo: Biostar T5 XE CFX-SLI
RAM: 4gb DDR3 1600 Kingston HyperX
GPU: EVGA GeForce 220 1gb
DVD-RW: Samsung 24x SATA
PSU: Coolmax 700w
Case: Antec 300

Here are the steps I took:

1. Assemble the system and set AHCI in the bios.[/*:m:1lcjtslz]
  2. Boot with tonymacx86-iBootCD-test2.iso with -x option (download)[/*:m:1lcjtslz]
  3. At the end of the installation I had an "Installation Failed" dialog.[/*:m:1lcjtslz]
  4. Rebooted with tonymacx86-iBootCD-test2.iso and selected to boot the harddrive (with out -x).[/*:m:1lcjtslz]
  5. Completed install, to find that sound and net were working, video worked but w/o hardware acceleration.
    (System profiler shows no built in audio, strange)[/*:m:1lcjtslz]
  6. Downloaded the 10.6.2 combo update, installed and rebooted.[/*:m:1lcjtslz]
  7. Downloaded MultiBeast, installed and rebooted.[/*:m:1lcjtslz]
  8. Sound was not working after MultiBeast. (System profiler shows Intel High Def Audio)[/*:m:1lcjtslz]
  9. Used the guide found here to fix ALC888 sound with HDA.[/*:m:1lcjtslz]
  10. Used the guide found here to fix freezing mouse with itunes.[/*:m:1lcjtslz]

In the end my system seems to be stable with network, sound, and video all working great. iStat shows the 8 available threads on the i7 but I do not know how to test if everything else is functioning properly (speedstep, turbo mode, etc). If the system goes to sleep I can wake it up using the keyboard or mouse but the display will just show noise(like the snow effect on a tv). I am also unable to monitor the system temp or fan speeds using iStat.

Is there anything else I should do to the system? Let me know how to get the DSDT files for you guys if you want them.

Thanks,
Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back