Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B85-DH3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
RX 560
I had a successful experience with a Saphire RX 560 in a big sur hackintosh recently but the GPU died on me, to no surprise since it was used one. Is really expensive to get parts in my country, especially new ones, but I found a Biostar RX 560 4Gb with a very decent price and proper warranty but would like to know if anybody had any success running it on a build lately. I know there are differences between brands and OS versions but the a new Saphire is x2 the price. Any luck out there with this one?

Bought an identical used GPU and it satisfies me. Only problem is artifacts during Windows boot, when exiting mac. Restart and it works normally

I had a successful experience with a Saphire RX 560 in a big sur hackintosh recently but the GPU died on me, to no surprise since it was used one. Is really expensive to get parts in my country, especially new ones, but I found a Biostar RX 560 4Gb with a very decent price and proper warranty but would like to know if anybody had any success running it on a build lately. I know there are differences between brands and OS versions but the a new Saphire is x2 the price. Any luck out there with this one?
works fine for me :)

Quick update, bought the Saphire RX 560 but it died on me after a few months, worked wonders with Big Sur tho, so if anybody get their hands on a used but well preserved and not bitcoined one, go without any fear...

Do you know for sure yours was used for cyrpto mining ?
I was joking, I have no idea but is the obvious theory lately. All I know is that the GPU chip was dead beyond repair and not worth to put another one, would cost almost as much as a new one in my country. But the point of the topic is if Saphire RX 560 works or not for the intended Hackintosh, and it does

I was joking, I have no idea but is the obvious theory lately. All I know is that the GPU chip was dead beyond repair and not worth to put another one, would cost almost as much as a new one in my country. But the point of the topic is if Saphire RX 560 works or not for the intended Hackintosh, and it does
As far as I know only the XFX 560's do not work in MacOS. However, that is not to say that you could not put a Saphire, MSI, ASUS, Bios on the card and have it work just fine also. Saphire branded cards are generally good for Hackintosh and recommended by apple for older Mac pro's and in EGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back