Contribute
Register

BIOSTAR H61MLV Ver. 7.1 Compatible With Any Version Of OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Biostar H61MLV
CPU
i5-2310
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone, I'm very very new to this Hackintosh world, so I wanted to se if the Hardware that I'm gonna speceify below can handle any OS X version, I would appreciate a lot any kind of answer you leave here.

CPU : Inel Core i5-2310 2.90 GHz (According To Windows) 3.10 GHz (According To Linux)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 (VRAM 2048 MB)
RAM: 8 GB Ram DDR3 Kingstong 1333 MHz
MOTHERBOARD: Biostar H61MLV Version 7.1
BIOS: American Megatrends
HDD: Hitachi Travelstelar 500GB
Network Card: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (Internet On Board)
Audio Card: Unknown

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm very very new to this Hackintosh world, so I wanted to se if the Hardware that I'm gonna speceify below can handle any OS X version, I would appreciate a lot any kind of answer you leave here.

CPU : Inel Core i5-2310 2.90 GHz (According To Windows) 3.10 GHz (According To Linux)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 (VRAM 2048 MB)
RAM: 8 GB Ram DDR3 Kingstong 1333 MHz
MOTHERBOARD: Biostar H61MLV Version 7.1
BIOS: American Megatrends
HDD: Hitachi Travelstelar 500GB
Network Card: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (Internet On Board)
Audio Card: Unknown

There is no historical data on this motherboard in the data base so there is not user experience to share. On the surface it appears to be doable but you won't know until you try to install macOS. Of interest is there is good success with H61M motherboards from other vendors which would indicate the chip set is compatible.

Good modding,
neil

There is no historical data on this motherboard in the data base so there is not user experience to share. On the surface it appears to be doable but you won't know until you try to install macOS. Of interest is there is good success with H61M motherboards from other vendors which would indicate the chip set is compatible.

Good modding,
neil
So I will try to document as much as I can, I will start by installing Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks to see how it goes with the Core i5 and I will be updating until macOS 10.12 Sierra.
Thanks for your awsner!

I was trying to do it, I managed to make a bootable USB using UniBeast, however when I was trying to boot it... I kept getting this prohibited sign on the middle of the Apple logo, any suggestions?

I made the USB bootable on a MacBook 2007 using macOS 10.7 Lion

Update, I managed to boot and thanks to VERBOSE mode, I'm able to see what's happening, and it turns out, that the booting procces stops at "BluetoothHCI Controller -completed", any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back