Contribute
Register

BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did the bios as suggested, click save and exit, pc turn off then on but no signal I can't get anything, try again still nothing, swap to the windows hard drive still nothing, no signal, the mobo stops, showing 97.

Well I did the bios as suggested, click save and exit, pc turn off then on but no signal I can't get anything, try again still nothing, swap to the windows hard drive still nothing, no signal, the mobo stops, showing 97.
pc turn off then on but no signal I can't get anything,

• First thing to do is to remove and reinsert the Video cable connecting the Monitor and PCIE Graphics firmly and securely at both ends and reboot and see if the "No Signal" shown on Display screen goes away and Monitor Displays CBM screen ->Verbose Boot

• If the above fails, then, the next step is , Reset CMOS ->Load Optimized BIOS followed by changing the BIOS options of Internal Graphics -> Enabled Save and Reboot

Righty o, I'll do it, thanks.

I reset CMOS but still couldn't boot into El Captain, it showed clover with Mac but when I click on El Captain the screen went black. But thanks for trying to sort things out.

I reset CMOS but still couldn't boot into El Captain, it showed clover with Mac but when I click on El Captain the screen went black. But thanks for trying to sort things out.

• Your initial issue was accessing BIOS Setup screen in a Gigabyte Motherboard .
    • That is now Solved.
  • The second issue was about macOSMojave installation in your System.
  • To reduce the confusion from the 3 Motherboards , CPUS and Graphics listed in your Profile, please tell us which is the Hardware (MoBo, CPU, Graphics) on which you are trying to install macOSMojave.
  • Please edit your Account details and fill the SPECS of a Single System there, and all the others removed from under your login Name and added to your Build Signature like you have done.
  • If you can annotate like: "Current MacOS Mojave Build" in place of Power Mac G4 Readers can easily recognize which hardware is being used for the current build you are asking for help.
  • Much as I would like to help, I am confused about the Hardware where you need help installing macOSMojave.

I have done.

I have done.
  • Thank you.
  • Knowing your Current project is installing macOSMojave on a supported Motherboard GA-Z87X-UD5H and CPU i7-4771 and No Add-on PCIE Graphics, there is no more any confusion.
    • Please note your Internal Graphics in the Profile is wrongly entered; it should be Intel HD 4600
  • For the above SPECS, you need to make changes on your BIOS Device Configuration as shown in the edited image I have uploaded.
    • NOTE. Init Display First: PCIE Graphics changed to IGFX as shown in the uploaded edited BIOS Screen shot
    • NOTE: EHCI Hand-off : Enabled
  • In CBM screen _Options_ Boot Arg: type in -v -no_compat_check [See edited image]
  • In CBM screen _Options_ PCI Devices: [√] FixOwnership [See edited image]
  • In CBM screen _Options_Inject Graphics -> [√] Inject Intel; Fake ID: 0x14128086; *-platform-id:0D220003 [You had not uploaded this image to edit]
  • In CBM Screen_Options_ System Parameters_make sure System Integrity Protection is [0x0067]; if NOT, click System Integrity Protection and in the next popup screen place check marks as shown in the uploaded image]
  • After making the above changes in CBM _Options, Return to CBM and try booting the System Disk to boot into its Login>Desktop or USB disk if you are planning Reformatting the HDD to do clean installation of macOSMojave on the HDD.

Attachments

• 1.Device Config.png
    1.Device Config.png
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.CBM _Options_Boot Args.png
    2.CBM _Options_Boot Args.png
    493.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.CBM_Options_PCI devices.png
    3.CBM_Options_PCI devices.png
    630.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 4.CBM_Options_SMBIOS.png
    4.CBM_Options_SMBIOS.png
    619.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 5.CBM_Options_System Parameters_.System Integrity Protection.png
    5.CBM_Options_System Parameters_.System Integrity Protection.png
    517.6 KB · Views: 35
Thank you so much, I just noticed today that I had mounted the El Captain wrongly I didn't partition the USB correctly, I forgot to partition the whole USB before hand, what a fool I'v been, but thanks cmn699 for being so helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back