Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi! I'm hoping someone can help. I decided to load Mojave on a SSD, put in my USB UniBeast Installer and start the computer. When Gigabyte logo appeared, I press F12 to load optimum default, but the BIOS doesn't appear. Instead it goes to Clover saying loading install. So I press enter and the Apple sign comes up, and there it stays. Am I missing something? Why won't my BIOS appear? Cheers.

Hi! I'm hoping someone can help. I decided to load Mojave on a SSD, put in my USB UniBeast Installer and start the computer. When Gigabyte logo appeared, I press F12 to load optimum default, but the BIOS doesn't appear. Instead it goes to Clover saying loading install. So I press enter and the Apple sign comes up, and there it stays. Am I missing something? Why won't my BIOS appear? Cheers.
When Gigabyte logo appeared, I press F12 to load optimum default, but the BIOS doesn't appear.

• In Gigabyte Splash screen on boot or reboot, you can find different keys to press towards its bottom to open different screens. [1.Gigabyte Splash screen]
    • F-12 key is to open Boot Menu
    • Delete (Del) key is to open BIOS Setup Screen. Once inside BIOS Setup, from its Right Panel locate w F7 key to Load Optimized Default BIOS
    • If you want to Flash the BIOS with a BIOS upgrade file in a properly created Flash drive , you can press the End key to launch the Q Flash utility.
    • F9 key will show you System Information Screen [2. F9 System Information]
  • Note: Motherboards from other manufacturer's will have different keys to access the various Screens.

Attachments

• 1.Gigabyte Splash screen and Options Keys .png
    1.Gigabyte Splash screen and Options Keys .png
    265.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 2.F-9 System Information Screen.png
    2.F-9 System Information Screen.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Yes I'm sure your right, but the thing is the Bios menu won't come up, it's just a black screen there is no bios menu, thanks.

Yes I'm sure your right, but the thing is the Bios menu won't come up, it's just a black screen there is no bios menu, thanks.
Did you try Clear CMOS?

No I didn't, how do you do that, thanks.

Thanks cmn699, it is good of you.

Well I switched of the pc at the plug and waited 20mins, then took the battery out for 15mins, plug it in powered it up, pushed down F12, but nothing, it went straight on to El Captain, have I done the right thing, thanks.

Well I switched of the pc at the plug and waited 20mins, then took the battery out for 15mins, plug it in powered it up, pushed down F12, but nothing, it went straight on to El Captain, have I done the right thing, thanks.
  • Usually , when CMOS is Cleared like you did with removal and reinsert of CMOS coin Battery, on reboot, you don't have to press F-12 as the screen should straight away show the message " Load Optimized Defaults then boot" /reboot or "Enter BIOS " as shown in the image
  • If you are sure you have not made any errors in Clear CMOS procedure, then next time , disconnect the "El Capitan" hard disk (you may disconnect easier of the two: Power or SATA cable from the Disk's port) from the motherboard and redo Clear CMOS and reboot.
  • After setting Optimized Defaults enter the BIOS Setup to reconfigure all options for Mojave boot and make your USB Installer (it should have all the correct CLOVER files and config.plist Boot _Time out set at 10-20 seconds to get you enough pause in CBM screen) as Boot Option Priorities #1 and then Save & Reboot> Press F-12 to select USB Installer to reach CBM
  • If that succeeds, Force Shut down and under electrostatic precautions, reconnect the target Hard disk for Mojave to the motherboard. Make sure all other SATA disks and USB devices are not connected during macOSMojave installation except macOS USB Installer, Keyboard and Mouse to USB ports and Target HDD to SATA port.

Attachments

• 1. After CMOS Clear .png
    1. After CMOS Clear .png
    204 KB · Views: 46
Thank you I'll try that way then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back