Load Optimized Defaults

140425093802.jpeg
Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile1

140425093828.jpeg
Vt-d - Disabled

140425093836.jpeg
Wake on LAN - Disabled

Full Screenshots here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/tonymacx86/albums/bios-uefi-screenshots-ga-z77x-up5-th/

I have this motherboard and running mac os x on the first try, but why must the Vt-d - Disabled? Mine still on and i seem to have no problems. I do plan to run fusion.
Hmmmm, were not telephathic, yet :lol: so you need to put your motherboard, processor and graphics manufacture/model # in your profile and or signature block per the forum rules.

Setting the Vt-d BIOS parameter to Disabled is for non "K" processors and stops rebooting upon wake-up from sleep, among other things.

Setting the Vt-d BIOS parameter to Disabled is for non "K" processors and stops rebooting upon wake-up from sleep, among other things.

Is this still needed in k cpu's - I am curious if it affects the performance

Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH "K Chip"

I have Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH with the most up-to-date Bios as on 10/2015. There is no available option to turn Vt-d BIOS on/off. Doesn't even show the option. My chip is i7-3770K. I am guessing the "K" is why it does not show. Just fyi for anyone that runs across the same thing.

No Rodeo, I have GA-Z77-DS3H with 3770K and there is no Vtd

Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH "K Chip"

I have Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH with the most up-to-date Bios as on 10/2015. There is no available option to turn Vt-d BIOS on/off. Doesn't even show the option. My chip is i7-3770K. I am guessing the "K" is why it does not show. Just fyi for anyone that runs across the same thing.

i also have this same board and can't see the VT-D thing in BIOS.

i also have this same board and can't see the VT-D thing in BIOS.

Read Stork's reply above. This setting is not required if you have the 'K' version of the processor. The BIOS just doesn't display it if you are running a 'K' like a 3770K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back