Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BIOS/UEFI disappeared!!! Please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix H370-I Gaming
CPU
Intel i7-9700F
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 570 8 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After tons of hours spent I finally managed to install Big Sur. Then I copied the EFI folder of the USB installer in the Big Sur drive EFI partition to manage the boot. I don't know what is happened... Now, if I try to enter in the BIOS/UEFI screen, pressing canc or F2, nothing is happening and the screen remains black indeed, after a while, the screen turns off while the keyboard and mouse remain on. I have to reboot with cntr-alt-canc. If I do nothing, the Open Core boot appears as if the drive containing Macos had become the default. What can I do to bring up the BIOS menu again?

I tried everything but with no luck. To give it another try, I checked my motherboard data on CPU-Z and ... I discovered an amazing thing: the Big Sur installation changed something on the board! It no longer appears as ASUS Rog Strix H370-I Gaming but as Acidantera, iMac model! How is it possible?? Could this be why the Del and F2 keys no longer work to enter the BIOS / UEFI?

Attachments

• cpu-z.jpg
    cpu-z.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 80
IF you are using OC 0.6.3 or older try doing this:

Go to Misc -> Security -> BootProtect
Change the String from Bootstrap to a value of None

I'll try, thanks a lot

I tried everything but with no luck. To give it another try, I checked my motherboard data on CPU-Z and ... I discovered an amazing thing: the Big Sur installation changed something on the board! It no longer appears as ASUS Rog Strix H370-I Gaming but as Acidantera, iMac model! How is it possible?? Could this be why the Del and F2 keys no longer work to enter the BIOS / UEFI?
Set CustomSMBIOSGuid to true (boolean) and UpdateSMBIOSMode to Custom (string).

Just did them: nothing changed...I'm not still able to enter the Bios/UEFI screen
You should read this and follow the directions 100 %. You'll need a BIOS reflash to gain access again.

This is a problem with more than just Z87 Haswell boards. It's why Acidanthera has changed BootProtect to None instead of Bootstrap with their latest OpenCore.

You should read this and follow the directions 100 %. You'll need a BIOS reflash to gain access again.

This is a problem with more than just Z87 Haswell boards. It's why Acidanthera has changed BootProtect to None instead of Bootstrap with their latest OpenCore.
Thanks so much. I assume I will get the default Bios settings that I'll have to modify again.

I was reflecting on another problem that appeared after installing Big Sur and the disappearance of the Bios / UEFI (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-issue-and-sudden-reboot.308824/): could the two be connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back