Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
12gb OCZ gold
for win 7 I can just enter bios settings that change the memory to 1600 with the correct timings. Will SL boot with those timings most likely?

BIOS shows 1066 MHz for my 1600 MHz 8-8-8-24 OCZ RAMs.How can i set it correctly in BIOS?Can you suggest me a website or a link?

Check that you have selected XMP/Profile in BIOS.
Else, you could select Manual for DRAM Timing Selectable, then edit the Channel timings.
But probably MB is just not reading the desired profile from the tables stored on the RAM chip itself.

(If you use CPU-Z in Windows, you can see the various timing tables stored in the RAM)

i don't have XMP in BIOS.should i change the BCLK to 160?

polemos said:
If you change BCLK to 160 you will be over clocking the CPU unless you decrease it's multiplier.

polemos said:
Hm, then you've two problems:
1) Timings
2) Frequency

in reverse order;
2 - BCLK and multiplier (eg: 160MHz and x10). As MacMan says, if you bump BLCK, then unless you want to o/c processor also, you'd need to back off the CPU multiplier to eg:x17. The Mem multi should be read automatically from the mem chips SPD, but I guess it's setting as x8. You can manually set to x10 to get 1333MHz if you dont want to change BCLK. BIOS Advanced Memory Settings>System Memory Multiplier

1 - If SPD is not being read correctly, then you'll likely have to set the required timings manually. BIOS Advanced Memory Settings>DRAM Timing Selectable.

Note that as you have "fast" memory, you may be happy to run at 1333MHz and try tighter timings than 8-8-8-24; end result could be about the same in terms of performance.

Thanks for your explanations.Now i need a better CPU cooler.Because when i set the BCLK at 160, cpu temp rises about 10 C higher.It's hard to find Scythe products here.I'm thinking about to buy a Noctua NH-U12P SEWhat do you think about this cooler?And do you suggest another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back