Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys here is my setup:
Intel core i5-3550 3.3 GHz EM64T
Asus P8B75-M
8 GB RAM
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870

I have made a bootable pendrive and when i was making step 3 of guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

1. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it - Intel virtualization technology , right ? i was googling and i hope that i disabled right option.
  2. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it - can't find it !
  3. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it - can't find it !
  4. Set OS Type to Other OS - can't find it !

The problem here is, that i couldn't find CFG-Lock, Secure Boot Mode and OS type. So I have tried to install and boot the way like it is set already.
Here is some ss of my bios settings
http://imgur.com/tRdPPQj,9UxifmB,06xqQqE,weXX8wP,0Peb5uT,6y8Q33O

Ok so here is installation progress- first time:
http://imgur.com/O15mkCQ,GpIE9xs,d4FY9Xu#0

1st screen- i pressed enter on USB
2nd screen- loading with apple logo(like 1/4 of bar and here comes next step)
3rd step(don't have a screen for that) - After that the white window comes up and a cursor with rainbow icon(Small circle) and it was like 10 minutes... i can move this cursor, circle keeps on "running" and changing colors and nothing else happens. I though that it can take some time like creating usb(it was like over 1 hour, mby beacause of 2.0 USB ;p) so i decided to leave it and i come back to home after 3 hours and nothing happened. Still white screen with rainbow circled cursor that i can move...

I decided to restart and repeated all things - 1st screen, 2nd screen same but here comes :
3rd screen- black screen that says like - entering power safe mode.

That's it. I have tried to run installer again but it's the same- enter, loading logo, black screen - can't get white screen again with cursor.

I would really appreciate any help. I think that's the bios settings problem, i haven't found the rest as i told you before but maybe i am wrong.

Edit:

I have tried again to install it but without any success.
Here is a screen of last step(It happens after loading 1/4 of bar with apple logo- white screen with rainbow cursor)- It can keep on running for hours and nothing else happens.
20141228_011341.jpg

Please help me.

Last edited:
Have you tried running off the CPU for video? Make sure you have onboard graphic enabled before doing so via UEFI and disconnect power going to your video card. Plug the HDMI going to your board, you should be able to see logon after that. Re-enable power for your card after your kexts are loaded you have rebuilt your cache and permissions ( which is usually 2nd reboot)

Ok so i have entered Bios and enabled onboard card and connected HDMI to my board and screen becomes different but it doesn't help.
Screen seems to be "broken". Look on the left side of the screen, it's weired.
20141228_235436.jpg

Any other ideas :)?

Did you disconnect power to your 7870 prior to booting?

No, i didn't.

I have tried now to disconnect power also but it didn't help, here is a result:
20141229_100500.jpg

Left monitor displays in normal way(DVI) and right monitor displays in weired way(HDMI) both plugged to board, bios set to board. When i saw that screen i have waited like 30 sec and gave up, wasn't waiting 2 hours like before. Scenario keeps the same- white screen after loading 1/4 of bar with apple logo. :(

Weird, go ahead and try installing with the -x flag when you reach chimera

!!! It's working :D thank you !
Now i have next problem:
20141229_210128.jpg

I want to choose a destination disk to install and all i can see is my pendrive.
I Am at this step:
"6. For a new installation of OS X, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing."

Did you set your drives to AHCI?

EDIT:

I'll be back, I have to run some errands. Obviously go and see if you can see your drives in UEFI and ensure they are set to AHCI instead of IDE. I'm guessing that is a fluke I'v never seen that before

Did you set your drives to AHCI?

EDIT:

I'll be back, I have to run some errands. Obviously go and see if you can see your drives in UEFI and ensure they are set to AHCI instead of IDE. I'm guessing that is a fluke I'v never seen that before

are you back :)? still have some problems that i have mentioned before but it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back