Contribute
Register

BIOS settings on existing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, will do, and I'm following another threads steps, too, with nearly identical specs.

One question with all of this, can I leave other USB and FireWire drives, dongles, pci cards, etc installed while trying to boot and install, or do I need to strip down?

Thanks as always

Double check your UniBeast USB - was it created UEFI or Legacy mode? Try this:
backup the EFI folder on the USB EFI partition, then delete it from the EFI partition.
download the latest Clover and install selecting only install for UEFI
replace the config.plist, drivers folders and kexts folders of the new install with the backed up ones.

Test to see if it will boot.

A thought I just had - are you currently using Clover UEFI or Chimera/Chameleon as your boot loader for ML?[/QQUy

A thought I just had - are you currently using Clover UEFI or Chimera/Chameleon as your boot loader for ML?

Just saw this last question - ML was installed 4+ years ago so Chimera/Chameleon.

Trying your suggestion now.

Well I inadvertently installed Clover to my main hard drive. Deleted the EFI and EFI backups folders from the top level of the hard drive, but on reboot it is now booting to Clover not to my old install.

In fact I can't even get to Clover any more, now I'm stuck at the attached boot screen

Attachments

• 15153544357552098130900.jpg
    15153544357552098130900.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
Got to Clover menu with my new USB drive (having followed your directions), injected Nvidia in the options, I get a black screen with apple logo, the progress bar starts, then it reboots.

So I guess I'm making progress on my El Capitan install (!) but need to get clover off of my main drive so I can boot my good old Mountain Lion system as needed.

Thanks!

I have a backup of my ML system drive (of course!), could I copy those contents to a new clean USB drive and boot from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back