EVGA 780 ACX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

So I've been having an interesting issue lately...I have a gigabyte motherboard and normally when I turn on my computer, it shows the really ugly gigabyte logo with the opportunity to manipulate the bios settings and whatnot.

Recently, I haven't been able to do that. If I power the device off and on, none of that is shown. If I wait about a minute or so, the OS X login screen appears. However, I miss the BIOS, the boot loader and the grey Apple-logo screen. Not sure where to start troubleshooting here though. Could this be a GPU issue? Motherboard? Any suggestions would be great.

Graphics: EVGA 780 (3GB)
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance
CPU: Intel i7 4770-K
Motherboard: GIGABYTE|GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 R

It is likely a bios setting. You need to set your initiate device to the PCIe/GPU.

That's what I initially thought, but wouldn't that mostly affect the boot-up until the boot loader? At that point it's chosen a drive to boot from and the rest should be visible. Video is only available at the user selections screen, so not only is the BIOS info not visible, but neither is the boot loader or grey apple post-chime screen with Apple logo.

Thoughts?

No, you won't see anything until the drivers load at desktop/login

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back