Graphics
Zotac GTX 980 ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone! I have an Asus X99 Deluxe with Clover and everything was working extremely well until 2 days ago. Some usb ports where working strange on Windows so I update the bios to the latest firmware 1702 and for some reason after that I can't boot to Clover anymore thru the UEFI partition. In other words, I can't get to the Clover Bootloader since the Bios don't see the UEFI partitions.

I revert the firmware and still not recognize the UEFI partition. The only way I'm getting to Yosemite right now is by using the Unibeast pen drive.

I don't know what to do. Please help! :eek:

Thanks,
Ben

My full system Specs:
Asus X99 Deluxe
16gb DDR4 Memory
GTX 980 SLI
i7 5930K
Clover (Yosemite) 10.10.3

Hi Everyone! I have an Asus X99 Deluxe with Clover and everything was working extremely well until 2 days ago. Some usb ports where working strange on Windows so I update the bios to the latest firmware 1702 and for some reason after that I can't boot to Clover anymore thru the UEFI partition. In other words, I can't get to the Clover Bootloader since the Bios don't see the UEFI partitions.

I revert the firmware and still not recognize the UEFI partition. The only way I'm getting to Yosemite right now is by using the Unibeast pen drive.

I don't know what to do. Please help! :eek:

Thanks,
Ben

My full system Specs:
Asus X99 Deluxe
16gb DDR4 Memory
GTX 980 SLI
i7 5930K
Clover (Yosemite) 10.10.3

When you update the BIOS it resets all settings to default.
You will need to make all of the adjustments to the settings that you made when you installed OS X initially.

I do have the same problem with my configuration. Can't boot anymore.

The only option the bios provides me is: UEFI Partition Windows Bootmanager...

HiP1LGRIM,

I have already the settings on the bios that I had before the update :crazy:. What is weird is that I have a pen drive ready with Windows (UEFI) and I can see that perfectly on the Bios :banghead:.

I'm having the same problem with my laptop. I don't believe I upgraded anything either. All of a sudden, the bios doesn't recognize the clover EFI as a UEFI bootable partition. But I can boot into the mac with clover on a usb key.

I have same problem. Only difference is that i only can see the UEFI partition of my USB stick. Checked with partition magic to see if the EFI partition on my SSD is there, and it is.

Hello
I had the exact problem when i updated my x99-s to version 1801.

I fixed it but booting into the main hdd using the usb installer, then mounted the EFI partition of my main hdd where the hackintosh is installed. As always make a backup of it but then i deleted the Apple and Microsoft folders that I'm guessing the bios update had created with some files in them.

I rebooted after that and the UEFI partition for the clover bootloader showed up and was able to boot normally.

hello,

me i do not have got an asus x99, but a gigabyte X99 UD5 wifi. All my install hard drive of yosemite and clover are not recognized by the X99. my install disc and usb should be recognized as UEFI USB USB (name of the hard drive) but they are recognized as UEFI (name of my hard drive only). And when i try to install, it crashes, or the apple logo stay a long time. even if i write npci=0X2000. my graphic card is 760 gtx gigabyte. Everything work with my other mackintosh with the Z77 gigabyte mother board but with the X99, it does not work. i set the bios like it must me, but no issue. i only can do an install with unibeast. really really strange. my bios is the latest F10B. i really don't understood why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back