Motherboard
Asus Maximus Ranger VII Z170
CPU
G1840
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, so I bought a new laptop and I am trying to install OSX on it. I picked El Capitan because I have more experience with it.
I created a USB using Unibeast and customized the EFI folder with clover configurator.

I'm using macbookair7.2 as my system definition (I linked my EFI folder)
But when I try to boot the installer it gives me either a line of plus symbols or this "error allocating 0x" error.

Doing my research I found out that most of the people encountering the problem were able to solve it by changing from
osxaptiofixdvr to osxaptiofix2drv or the other way around. I tried this.... did not work.

Using the common laptop patches on my dsdt and "fixing" an SSDT file by removing some lines and applying the old GFX0 to IGPU method. I also generated a SSDT using the piker alpha method.

But still no luck :banghead:
I hope you can help me:crazy:

PS: Laptop is Lenovo G70-80, I'll now update my signature:thumbup:

Attachments

• Clover Folder.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 186
Hello, so I bought a new laptop and I am trying to install OSX on it. I picked El Capitan because I have more experience with it.
I created a USB using Unibeast and customized the EFI folder with clover configurator.

I'm using macbookair7.2 as my system definition (I linked my EFI folder)
But when I try to boot the installer it gives me either a line of plus symbols or this "error allocating 0x" error.

Doing my research I found out that most of the people encountering the problem were able to solve it by changing from
osxaptiofixdvr to osxaptiofix2drv or the other way around. I tried this.... did not work.

Using the common laptop patches on my dsdt and "fixing" an SSDT file by removing some lines and applying the old GFX0 to IGPU method. I also generated a SSDT using the piker alpha method.

But still no luck :banghead:
I hope you can help me:crazy:

PS: Laptop is Lenovo G70-80, I'll now update my signature:thumbup:

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Thank you! I got way further then before. The system (booting with -v) actually shows something else then plus symbols.
But it got stuck at something and now it says "Kernel Extensions in backtrace: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer"

I posted a "screenshot" of the kernel panic and my EFI folder in this post.

Attachments

• IMG_20161126_234347.jpg
    IMG_20161126_234347.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 353
  • CLOVER 2.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
OK, so I did some research again and found out somebody was facing the same issue. His way of solving the problem
was changing the DVMT Prealloc.

But when I try to do follow the tutorial on extracting the bios file and changing the values I get stuck on step 1!
Because I can't seem to find the damn bios file inside my bios update exe file.

I extracted it using 7zip and there were a couple files in there but none of them where bios files....... Atleast not according to the PhoenixTool.

Can someone please help me?! I linked the bios file in this post. I need that bios file!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Guide on DVMT: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...etting-dvmt-in-insydeh20-bios-laptops.165104/

Guy with same problem:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-corem-5y10-el-capitan-instant-reboot.185223/

Attachments

• abcn96ww.exe.zip
    5 MB · Views: 122
OK, final words. Thanks to the people at www.Bios-mods.com I now know that my bios is rewrite protected and
that hidden settings cannot be changed without an SPI Programmer.:thumbdown

That was the limit for me, this really sucks I was really hoping on hacking this laptop...
I'll just buy an Macbook in like 8 years when my laptop need replacement.:lol:

So for the people looking to buy the Lenovo G70-80 (i3-5005U Model atleast) :
This laptop is not easy to "hack". You'll probably only get as far as I did. Reaching the installer will remain
a dream unless you decide to open up your laptop and use a special tool on your motherboard to alter a setting.

Without changing this setting you will get a framebuffer panic when trying to boot from the USB. Feel free to ask me any questions about my laptop but I assure you look for something else if you want a hackintosh.

A tip I give you for shopping a laptop at a store or online is
In a shop: Try accessing the bios and seeing if you can either change the DVMT or video memory and if not see if you can see what it is set to

Online: Do your research!!! I just bought my laptop at my local laptop repair shop. But search forums, bios modding forums, tonymacx86 posts. Best case scenario you can even find a guide for the laptop you are seeing at the moment.

Good Luck, Regards a dissapointed bastard:(

OK, final words. Thanks to the people at www.Bios-mods.com I now know that my bios is rewrite protected and
that hidden settings cannot be changed without an SPI Programmer.:thumbdown

That was the limit for me, this really sucks I was really hoping on hacking this laptop...
I'll just buy an Macbook in like 8 years when my laptop need replacement.:lol:

So for the people looking to buy the Lenovo G70-80 (i3-5005U Model atleast) :
This laptop is not easy to "hack". You'll probably only get as far as I did. Reaching the installer will remain
a dream unless you decide to open up your laptop and use a special tool on your motherboard to alter a setting.

Without changing this setting you will get a framebuffer panic when trying to boot from the USB. Feel free to ask me any questions about my laptop but I assure you look for something else if you want a hackintosh.

A tip I give you for shopping a laptop at a store or online is
In a shop: Try accessing the bios and seeing if you can either change the DVMT or video memory and if not see if you can see what it is set to

Online: Do your research!!! I just bought my laptop at my local laptop repair shop. But search forums, bios modding forums, tonymacx86 posts. Best case scenario you can even find a guide for the laptop you are seeing at the moment.

Good Luck, Regards a dissapointed bastard:(
If you are not afraid of experimenting with your computer you can try this method, in other words, it is something like a backdoor. BTW reflash BIOS with SPI programmer and clips is not so hard and expensive. Clips with programmer are about 15$. It is 30-60 mins work :)
BUT if you don't know what you are doing you can brick your computer!

If you are not afraid of experimenting with your computer you can try this method, in other words, it is something like a backdoor. BTW reflash BIOS with SPI programmer and clips is not so hard and expensive. Clips with programmer are about 15$. It is 30-60 mins work :)
BUT if you don't know what you are doing you can brick your computer!
Nah man, this laptop was a gift from my dad and it cost like 500 euros. So I'm not gonna risk it....
The link you linked was talking about SOLDERING something I would never do myself on such an expensive electronic.
If there isn't a safer and easier way I'll just say bye to OSX all together (for this laptop anyway).

Have you tried this patch?
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.11.beta ( (based on Austere.J patch)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.11.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>QTnEdj4=</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>QTnE6z4=</data>
            </dict>

Also you can set your ig-platform-id to random value in order to boot with VESA drivers

Last edited:
Nah man, this laptop was a gift from my dad and it cost like 500 euros. So I'm not gonna risk it....
The link you linked was talking about SOLDERING something I would never do myself on such an expensive electronic.
If there isn't a safer and easier way I'll just say bye to OSX all together (for this laptop anyway).
Actually it can be done without soldering enything, the pins just needed to be shorted together upon boot. But really if you don't have experience with those things it is not good idea at all to mess with the bios. Year ago i decide to whitelist my bios and many problems appeared after. But it was fun after all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back