Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello All,

Been dealing with a slow boot issue for sometime now. Started looking to my boot options and found this weird option, I can't determine what it is or how to remove it.

While I was trying to determine what was what (and what could be safely removed) I must have messed with the boot order and now I can't boot up :banghead:. (OsxAptioFixDriv: AllocateRelocBlock() can not allocate relocation block)

I found this guide to removing options. But can someone please confirm that the only option I need to keep from here is option 00? It also seems odd that there are two boot options that are not Optional?

One last thing of note:
-When I boot from my USB it loads up much faster, so I think my problem is somewhere within the hard drive versions of clover

Should I just be looking at a clean wipe and reinstall?

Attachments

• 20190416_150616.jpg
    20190416_150616.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 20190416_152052.jpg
    20190416_152052.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
First try a CMOS reset.

It looks me like on of the drives itself has a problem. Try disconnecting your drives, doing a reset and looking at the BIOS. If it is clean, turn off, installed the next drive, turn on and check again. Repeat until you find the offending device.

I detached both my drives, BIOS showed the two "Mac OS" Options. I decided to remove these entries using shell commands. Reset CMOS and reloaded my last working settings. When I attached my backup SSD drive, then then detached and tried my main SSD, the "glitch" boot option was gone.

However I'm still having the issue "OsxAptioFixDriv: AllocateRelocBlock() can not allocate relocation block" is still preventing my boot up. And booting is EXTREMELY slow. Takes me about 4 minutes just to see if it'll work.

The one thing I still can't understand is why my USB are booting up clover 4428 (my latest working install was 4722), even though I just installed a fresh copy using Unibeast.. Again, booting to my USB using F12 is extremely fast -- but don't have the right version or flags to use with High Sierra

Last edited:
I just realized that the latest High Sierra clover is 4428 for Unibeast(duh). I'm not sure why or how I was running 4722 before on my drives -- maybe that could contribute to why it was running so slow?

Either way I'm still stuck on bootup. I have a nvidia card so I remember having to do some weird stuff to work around the "type 2 alloc" error

Okay got my SSD install to boot via my USB (no slow down issues). Booted with flags slide=0 and nvda_drv=1 (since Web Drivers were still installed)

Now I just need to change my SSD install's clover from 4722 to 4428. How can I roll that back? I tried just dragging my USB's clover in EFI to my SSD's EFI, but that didn't work.

Edit: I'm a dumbass, needed to copy over the whole Clover folder, not just the CLOVERX64.efi

Last edited:
Okay got my SSD install to boot via my USB (no slow down issues). Booted with flags slide=0 and nvda_drv=1 (since Web Drivers were still installed)

Now I just need to change my SSD install's clover from 4722 to 4428. How can I roll that back? I tried just dragging my USB's clover in EFI to my SSD's EFI, but that didn't work.

What do you mean specifically when you say it does not work?

Your original BIOS boot screen showed you had multiple UEFI boot partitions. Did you modify the correct one?

It would be much simpler if you removed other SSD/HDD devices such that the only boot device you have is the specific device you want to put from. What version of clover does it now show? If (AND ONLY IF) it is the wrong one, put the USB stick back in and boot from it and then into MAC OS. Load the SSD EFI partition, rename the existing EFI folder on the SDD partition to SSD_EFI and copy this to the USB stick as a backup (do not overwrite the EFI folder on the boot partition of the USB stick). Close the EFI partition on the SSD and open the EFI partition on the USB stick. Copy the EFI folder to the desktop and rename it to USB_EFI. Close the EFI partition on the USB stick and open the EFI partition on the SSD. Copy the USB_EFI folder from the desktop to the EFI partion on the SSD. Rename this folder on the SSD to EFI. Now copy again the USB_EFI folder to the SSD EFI partition. This will now give you three EFI folders on the SSD. The one it will boot on next time (EFI) plus copies of the original SDS EFI folder and copy of the USB EFI folder. Finally remove the USB stick and reboot. Confirm the version of clover is the same as the one from the USB stick.

Depending on you answers here determine the next step. If the system boots to MAC OS then you still need to perform the next clover configuration on the boot partition as it does not have the configuration details, such as BIOS and S/N information from your previous build. You can get this information from you saved config.plist from the backups you have done.

Incidentally, going back to the OP, the "old" way to clear all these erroneous boot entries (before using Shell) was simply to disconnect non-booting drives and re-flash your BIOS with the present version installed.

If you get confused as to what you have done, or should do, this might still help.

:)

What do you mean specifically when you say it does not work?
I meant it didn't boot up right when I just copied over the file. But when I copied over the whole EFI>Clover folder it worked. Everything is booting properly now, thanks.

However I do have an "El Capitan" Recovery Boot Option on my old SSD that I can't seem to get rid of, even when wiping with disk utility. Any advice on that?

Probably not the reccommended approach but I ended up using Terminal "diskutil" and "sudo gpt remove -i" to remove the old partition on my old SSD (just wanted a fresh wipe of it, and Disk Utility wasn't completely erasing it)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back