i5-8400
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
GA-H370-DS3
Running perfectly on Big Sur with OC0.63;

These days, start thinking upgrade to OC0.77 then I can upgrade to Monterey. Tried with OC0.77 on a dummy USB to boot, no success at all.

Attached with EFI folder, and error message (seems like I didn't go very far in the booting process)

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• opencore-2022-02-01-174659.txt
    256 KB · Views: 39
  • EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 63
Hi - I looked at your EFI Folder and found quite a few errors (see attached) I corrected the errors and cleaned up your config.plist by removing all unnecessary entries and entering pertinent ones i.e Drivers and Files. I also updated all the kexts and Drivers within the EFI Folder.

I suggest you place the revised EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of a test USB Drive, clean the NVRAM, and boot off the USB and see what result you get. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 9.33.43 am.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 9.33.43 am.png
    212.6 KB · Views: 77
  • EFI.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 71
@esafeddie what tool/editor is that? I use Proper Tree and it's a bit clunky...

@esafeddie what tool/editor is that? I use Proper Tree and it's a bit clunky...
Google the app OCAT, it will basically find and show errors in your config.plist and correct them as well as update the config.plist and kexts to the latest released versions.

Google the app OCAT, it will basically find and show errors in your config.plist and correct them as well as update the config.plist and kexts to the latest released versions.
could you pls be more specific about the full name of OCAT? googling that acronym doesn't turn up a tool like you're using.

thanks

Hi - I looked at your EFI Folder and found quite a few errors (see attached) I corrected the errors and cleaned up your config.plist by removing all unnecessary entries and entering pertinent ones i.e Drivers and Files. I also updated all the kexts and Drivers within the EFI Folder.

I suggest you place the revised EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of a test USB Drive, clean the NVRAM, and boot off the USB and see what result you get. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.
Thanks for the great help, I am able to boot with the thumb drive with the EFI attached, Fascinating.

I am going to have a look at the corrections you have provided, may check back with you if any question.

Thanks again, Bro.

Update #1:
After OC 0.7.7, tried with direct upgrade from B/S to Montery, no success; tried booting from USB installation, only can see USB drive, missing any other drives, NVME SSD, HD, other USB, weird; Have to do some more digging into this tomorrow. It's gonna be fun.

Check you have HfsPlus.efi or OpenHfsPlus.efi present in your /OC/Drivers folder and a corresponding entry for the driver in your config.plist. Make sure you have one of these drivers in your setup, not both!

The other is to make sure you set the Misc > Security > ScanPolicy to '0' in your config.plist.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 18.54.17.png

Nothing wrong with using ProperTree, nothing Clunky about it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back