Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA H81M-S
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
NA
Hi, I have successfully installed Big Sur using OpenCore but having issues with my Graphics.

My specs is as follows:
Intel i7-4790k
Gigabyte H81M-S Motherboard
16GB DDR3 RAM

I don't have a dedicated graphics card as my GPU died and Motherboard has only VGA output. I have been able to successfully install Big Sur but cannot get my graphics to work properly. It shows HD4600 7MB under "Apple Logo > About This Mac".
I have read that VGA is not supported and I HATE VGA but right now I don't hv any other option. I am trying to get an GPU but based on current situation, it is really difficult to get one (even crappy old ones). My system is booting fine and I am getting display but is there any way i can get graphics to work properly. Is it only because of VGA output? I have also sharing my EFI and Plist file below if any one ones to check it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 511
  • config.plist
    15.2 KB · Views: 257
Hi, I have successfully installed Big Sur using OpenCore but having issues with my Graphics.

My specs is as follows:
Intel i7-4790k
Gigabyte H81M-S Motherboard
16GB DDR3 RAM

I don't have a dedicated graphics card as my GPU died and Motherboard has only VGA output. I have been able to successfully install Big Sur but cannot get my graphics to work properly. It shows HD4600 7MB under "Apple Logo > About This Mac".
I have read that VGA is not supported and I HATE VGA but right now I don't hv any other option. I am trying to get an GPU but based on current situation, it is really difficult to get one (even crappy old ones). My system is booting fine and I am getting display but is there any way i can get graphics to work properly. Is it only because of VGA output? I have also sharing my EFI and Plist file below if any one ones to check it.
correct, VGA has been supported for well over 10 years, you will to try a new gpu

correct, VGA has been supported for well over 10 years, you will to try a new gpu

I understand but I am still able to boot and getting a display output using VGA. It's the video memory issue. Is there any work around I can try?

I understand but I am still able to boot and getting a display output using VGA. It's the video memory issue. Is there any work around I can try?
you already know VGA is not supported and i have already confirmed that with you....

you need to be using either HDMI or DP

you already know VGA is not supported and i have already confirmed that with you....

you need to be using either HDMI or DP

I am trying to get an old GT 720 from a friend which he is not using. I guess that is the only way.
Will update the post once I receive it and test it out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back