CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello there,
I building a hackintosh with OpenCore 0.6.9 and OS X BigSur.
Here my config:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte z490m gaming X
  • CPU: i9 10850k
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x16Go 3600MHz
  • SSD: Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB
  • GPU: none at the moment
  • Wifi & BT: Fenvi T919
This is my first hackintosh, I already did OS X VM's but that's all.
All my config is brand new and never had any OS running on it.

I followed the dortania guide to build my usb support and set my firmware settings ready to host OS X.

So I'm able to boot OpenCore and launch OS X installation but it crash (?) during verbose and I get no signal on my screen.

My last log is:
21:159 00:027 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2021-05-08T03:53:08

My config.plist passed ocvalidate with no issue.

I tried the troubleshooting guide for this issue but it didn't resolve the problem (or I did it wrong).

I'm attaching my config.plist, EFI folder and one of my logs.

NB: thanks for this forum, the community is so great and the topics are really helpfull.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.2 KB · Views: 68
  • EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
  • opencore-2021-05-08-035247.txt
    256 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Suggestions, no specific answers, as I feel your pain:

With a brand new build it is best to test it with an OS that will run without the fiddling required for MacOS just to test the hardware. You can use Windows or Linux. Be sure your M2 drive is compatible with MacOS and in the PCI3 slot, but you haven't gotten to the point where that could cause failure to install.

I have not gone through your EFI. It is not hard to find sample EFIs for your chipset and compare what you have, kexts/drivers/configp/et al--good way to learn in these end times of X86 MacOS. If possible start with Ethernet, e.g. using a powerline connector. From personal experience that particular Fenvi should work but it was very supoptimal with weak wifi reception. There are several USB bluetooth adapters that will work with MacOS, perhaps all of them--I use an ASUS I have had for several years. How much you need wifi or Bluetooth is up to you, although Bluetooth is useful for headphones for me.

Although I have not combed through your EFI I am typing this in BigS on a Z490 board with an i7 so it is indeed possible to get BigS running on this chipset.

A wrinkle with 11.3.1 is the standard recommendations in the Dortania guide may render all USB ports inoperable or leave only 1 or 2 USB 2 ports operating--you might have to find the one that works for keyboard/mouse (might need a hub). As such it might avoid aggravation to follow the initial instructions about mapping USB, use the USBInjectAll Kext and turn off the XHCI quirk. That should at least activate USB 2 ports in my experience. If you get things running then map usb ports following the Dortania guide, which is its usual opaque self on this topic.

In my personal experience on Intel and Ryzen chipsets many hard stops in the initial boot process are due to errant motherboard settings, very easy to miss something. Others are often due to early problems activating USB (see above). Assuming your installation key was properly made, issues noted on this website about creating keys in Catalina are real, use only a USB 2 port to try to install.

For example I have a clone of 11.3.1 with the USB mapped EFI that boots my internal BigS SSD. The boot process from the clone hard stops if plugged into a USB 3 port but sails through on USB2.

If you have access to a working Catalina installation, preferably on an Apple machine, you can short circuit the process by installing BigS to a USB adapted drive. Then you only have to worry about the EFI.

Thanks for your reply,

With a brand new build it is best to test it with an OS that will run without the fiddling required for MacOS just to test the hardware.
Yes the hardware work, I'm able to launch ubuntu on an external ssd whitout problem.

Be sure your M2 drive is compatible with MacOS and in the PCI3 slot
Yes I have a sabrent ssd like recommanded in many guides.

It is not hard to find sample EFIs for your chipset and compare what you have
I already compared my UEFI folder with other similar configurations UEFI and it seems good. I will use someone UEFI folder if I cannot fix mine, but I want to understand why config work and how, so for the moment it's not an option (and I use only iGPU, I have no graphic card so it's difficut to find some others UEFI config without GPU).

If possible start with Ethernet. [...] If possible use other than Fenvi card.
No I cannot use ethernet. I need Fenvi card for AirDrop.

My keyboard AND my mouse are on the same usb (wireless) so 2 usb ports for now is good.

The only two settings that I didn't found on my motherboard are "Parallel Port" and VT-x, all others settings are set like recommanded in dortania guide.

I have no usb 2.0 ports so I can only do the installation trought 3.0, 3.2 usb ports.

I did my installation key from my BigSur VM.

Last edited:
I solved this by using the pci(0x2,0x0) of this thread.
Seems you have to do extra config when you use only iGPU (should be added in Dortania guide).
I'm not sure that this iGPU config is the more optimal for my config but at least it work.
Now I have to deal with usb ports because I doesn't have mouse and keyboard at the moment.

In your config.plist go to kernel and disable XhciPortLimit in Quirks, Still in Kernal go to patch and add the 2 USB patches right at the bottom of the list and enable them, reboot and see if that gets your USB ports working again. Also try adding this attached kext and see if it helps. This worked for me when my USB stopped working

Thanks for your answer,
I already resolved this this night by disabling XhciPortLimit, I didn’t enabled patches or something else, just disabling XhciPortLimit and it worked.
I’m sure your solution will help others so thanks for posting anyway
By the way for those who encounter issue when trying to boot your install partition on your disk (after first reboot install via usb disk), you need to format your macOS partition on your disk as APFS, Mac OS extended will not work. (Experienced it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back