i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630 + Vega 56
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

I have upgraded one of my friends Catalina rig to BigSur with OC 0.63.
I pretty much gathered all the up to date files(drivers,kexts) and made sure the config.plist matches the 0.63 requirements
Everything went well and everything is working perfectly with the exception of Imessage/Facetime
It opens and it prompts for the Appleid although the global one has been already activated on the computer and it appears in the Icloud account online. Once you enter the credentials it logs you in but closes in like 5 sec. No error message whatsoever.
I have not touched the SystemInfo portion in the config.plist and it matches perfectly what it was before.I am scratching my head as I don't know what is wrong.
I was looking online and I stumbled across this post on their website with someone that was having a similar issue :

It used to give you a code in case your Id was blacklisted(not anymore) but I don't see why and how since there was literally no change. Well...:).
A new OS that is

What I've done so far:
- tried to clear all the preferences, caches removed the computer from Icloud rebooted and let it re-activate - no go
- reinstalled the whole system from scratch - no go

The HW config is if it matters: a Z390 Gigabyte with an I7 and an RX580 as VGA

Anyone has seen this or had this issue?

Thank you

make sure you still have the SSDT for native nvram and that native nvram is still working. Big sur is interesteing because it needs even more memory during boot so you may need to see if there is a new version of SSDT or new settings in opencore that you need to do to make sure nvram memory mapping still working.

Thank you.

All the SSDTs are accounted for :). It boggles my mind

***Update***

My friend decided to call Apple directly

1st rep was clueless and said to create another admin account and restart. And that was it.End of the call
Apple called my friend after maybe 10 mins and a much more knowledgeable rep took the time to check things on their end and as well on the computer.
Said it was a "known" bug ??!! For them maybe :) There was nothing she could do but to put this case on the pile they sent to the devs and promised it will be fixed with the next update. In the meantime to revert to Catalina as there everything should be working.

So .... FYI for anyone that runs into this weird problem

Hey, I recently upgraded to BigSur and I'm experiencing the exact same problem.
Have you found a solution already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back