Contribute
Register

Biggest Noob Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > Need full model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Nvidia > Need model # > See Rules!
Trying to install Snow Leopard on Hackintosh, and trying to create the iBoot CD.

First time I just copied the iBoot file to CD and it didn't work, I realized I must have to mount it a special way most likely... can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Supposedly Windows 7 is supposed to have an option to "Burn Image to Disk" but I don't have that option when I right-click on the file. I also tried using WinCDEmu but it doesn't give me drive D: as an option to mount / burn to. Not even sure if I'm on the right track, maybe the first time was right?

Many Thanks

Trying to install Snow Leopard on Hackintosh, and trying to create the iBoot CD.

First time I just copied the iBoot file to CD and it didn't work, I realized I must have to mount it a special way most likely... can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Supposedly Windows 7 is supposed to have an option to "Burn Image to Disk" but I don't have that option when I right-click on the file. I also tried using WinCDEmu but it doesn't give me drive D: as an option to mount / burn to. Not even sure if I'm on the right track, maybe the first time was right?

Many Thanks

You can burn iBoot using the default Windows image burner by double clicking on the image itself. With Mac you can use Disk utility to burn the iBoot CD. What disks are you using? regular CDs or DVD disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back