CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running the current "Big Sur" beta using OpenCore 0.6.2 on my Z390 Designaire Hack and it's running very well with one exception, CCC.
Has anybody been able to make a "Bootable" Clone of their BigSur Hack yet? I've always used CarbonCopyCloner in the past, but it doesn't
seem to yield a bootable backup for me even with their beta for OS 11.0 beta. Anybody have a work around or alternative method? I hate being without a bootable backup and I don't want to go back to Catalina at this point, thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.58.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.58.19 PM.png
    396.5 KB · Views: 65
I'm running the current "Big Sur" beta using OpenCore 0.6.2 on my Z390 Designaire Hack and it's running very well with one exception, CCC.
Has anybody been able to make a "Bootable" Clone of their BigSur Hack yet? I've always used CarbonCopyCloner in the past, but it doesn't
seem to yield a bootable backup for me even with their beta for OS 11.0 beta. Anybody have a work around or alternative method? I hate being without a bootable backup and I don't want to go back to Catalina at this point, thoughts?
There is currently no support for a bootable clone using Carbon Copy Cloner at this point with Big Sur.

You will just have to wait to see if this functionality will be available eventually. The problem is the Signed System Volume (SSV) in Big Sur. CCC is unable to copy the SSV at this point. There is a workaround in this article :

There is currently no support for a bootable clone using Carbon Copy Cloner at this point with Big Sur.

You will just have to wait to see if this functionality will be available eventually. The problem is the Signed System Volume (SSV) in Big Sur. CCC is unable to copy the SSV at this point. There is a workaround in this article :
Thanks for your reply. That's one pretty rough workaround. Here's hoping Apple gets this sorted before the Gold Master is released.

It does clone the data on the drive but the cloned drive isn’t bootable. The workaround for now is to just reinstall Big Sur onto the cloned drive. And voila, it works.

It does clone the data on the drive but the cloned drive isn’t bootable. The workaround for now is to just reinstall Big Sur onto the cloned drive. And voila, it works.

Simple workaround would be : restore backup to drive and then start with usb stick with open core. Copy EFI folder and you're done. Much faster and cleaner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back