Asus Z590-P
CPU
i7 10700k
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi everyone,
I haven't found a solution to this problem for about three days. After installing Big Sur with opencore, the video memory is only 7mb and the graphics only work with AAPL, ig-platform-id = 70A10000, if I change this parameter I don't see anything from any video port. How can I activate graphic acceleration?
My hardware:
-i7 10700k
-iGpu UHD 630
-Asus Z590-P
Any suggestions are more than accepted, thank you very much!

Attachments

• Inkedimage0_LI.jpg
    Inkedimage0_LI.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 360
hi everyone,
I haven't found a solution to this problem for about three days. After installing Big Sur with opencore, the video memory is only 7mb and the graphics only work with AAPL, ig-platform-id = 70A10000, if I change this parameter I don't see anything from any video port. How can I activate graphic acceleration?
My hardware:
-i7 10700k
-iGpu UHD 630
-Asus Z590-P
Any suggestions are more than accepted, thank you very much!

Hi there.

Sadly you will not get iGPU acceleration for display with the Z590 + 10700k CPU.

You could use the iGPU alongside a discrete GPU for "headless" computational tasks but that's all.

A few people will tell you they have and here's how they do it but so far no real proof unfortunately.

Thank you so much for your reply! I saw this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ohchangs-build-gigabyte-z590-vision-g-i7-10700k-amd-rx580.310986/ so I thought it could be done. I think I will switch to a z490 or will buy an external gpu. Thanks!
You will need to have a discrete graphics card to have graphics acceleration with the Z590 / 10700K combo, as we know of no successful case where the iGPU can have graphics acceleration, even though it is supposedly supported on MacOS Big Sur and Catalina.

But as you are aware the current prices of new graphics cards are still high, so getting a new graphics card may not fit your budget.

A new motherboard based on Z490 / H470 / B460 chipsets should work with your CPU to use CPU integrated graphics to run Catalina / Big Sur with graphics acceleration though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back