Contribute
Register

Big Sur stuck on boot - Z590/11900k

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I tried it out for myself. But it seems to be just there, but not to have fully iGPU support.

E.g. you can see that VideoProc is not detecting h264/h265 hardware encoding support.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.02.53.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.02.53.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.02.47.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.02.47.png
    988.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.02.06.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.02.06.png
    409.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.02.01.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.02.01.png
    597.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.01.21.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.01.21.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 10.08.04.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 10.08.04.png
    318.2 KB · Views: 154
So I tried it out for myself. But it seems to be just there, but not to have fully iGPU support.

E.g. you can see that VideoProc is not detecting h264/h265 hardware encoding support.
Mmm and this is with faking uhd 630 I see...i wonder if the 750 is closer in architecture to the 650 or 630 (probably 630)
Edit : did you try a handful of platform IDs?

Ah okay, would you mind posting your config.plist for me to take a look at? I plan to do a write up for my entire build once I get things ironed out. Would like to at least see if I can get my graphics to be less choppy and have multi-monitor support if possible. The fact that we've gotten this far gives me hope!

Alright so I got it up and running! I updated my bios to the latest version from ASUS (0704) as well as updating all the kexts with the versions released yesterday by Acidanthera and OC 0.6.8, and after that both my existing Big Sur and High Sierra installations booted up. I tested on the iGPU with the Comet Lake spoof and that DOES indeed work in Big Sur. I still need to get my ethernet, wifi, and thunderbolt ports to work so once I do I will post my EFI build for others to use. Thanks to all for your help so far!
I've been working on this exact build for about a week now, I didn't know you guys were also working on it. I have a fully booting 11.2.3 install/system on Hero XIII with i9 11900k no dGPU, booting with iGPU 7mb(no acceleration).
Starting to work on the ethernet 1/2 and I've got them both to come up as green when plugged in, but they disconnects almost immediately. then reconnecting. It keeps doing this over and over. Any thoughts when you get there. I'm using both pcie and pcie i225v kexts and spoofing to F2150000 for both paths. Happy to share and work on this together if you want. Haven't touched Wifi/bluetooth yet, as ethernet is a deal breaker if I can't get it working properly.

I've been working on this exact build for about a week now, I didn't know you guys were also working on it. I have a fully booting 11.2.3 install/system on Hero XIII with i9 11900k no dGPU, booting with iGPU 7mb(no acceleration).
Starting to work on the ethernet 1/2 and I've got them both to come up as green when plugged in, but they disconnects almost immediately. then reconnecting. It keeps doing this over and over. Any thoughts when you get there. I'm using both pcie and pcie i225v kexts and spoofing to F2150000 for both paths. Happy to share and work on this together if you want. Haven't touched Wifi/bluetooth yet, as ethernet is a deal breaker if I can't get it working properly.
WiFi&BT should run with these files in OC/Kexts

Attachments

• Airport+BT.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 78

Yeah I'm definitely happy to collaborate on this as I'd like to get this running in full form. Have you updated to the latest bios from ASUS? (0704) That seemed to work for me. Here is my current EFI but its a work in progress. I'd also like to get full acceleration working on video if possible.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 196
Yeah I'm definitely happy to collaborate on this as I'd like to get this running in full form. Have you updated to the latest bios from ASUS? (0704) That seemed to work for me. Here is my current EFI but its a work in progress. I'd also like to get full acceleration working on video if possible.
Yes, bios updated to 0704, first thing I did actually. Do you want to work on full acceleration first then? I'm happy to work on that collabaratively with you. I can share what I've done and tested already if that helps.

Yes, bios updated to 0704, first thing I did actually. Do you want to work on full acceleration first then? I'm happy to work on that collabaratively with you. I can share what I've done and tested already if that helps.

Yeah that would be great! Coming from a High Sierra build previous to this one, I was able to use my GTX 1080 with no issues so I never explored iGPU settings or anything so I'm really quite new at it. As far as the ethernet, have you gotten as far as getting Big Sur to recognize the NIC and pull an IP from your network?

Yeah that would be great! Coming from a High Sierra build previous to this one, I was able to use my GTX 1080 with no issues so I never explored iGPU settings or anything so I'm really quite new at it. As far as the ethernet, have you gotten as far as getting Big Sur to recognize the NIC and pull an IP from your network?
Yes, they are both recognized and when plugged in with pull ip address and start to work. Then disconnect, then reconnect for a few sec. same thing over and over.
Working on the iGPU now. Also if you haven't already, DisableRtcChecksum = true saves a bunch of time on reboots, so the board doesn't post to safe every time.
I'm going to keep trying some different frame buffers, I've tried one that loaded and felt like full acceleration( I do know the difference) and felt much snappier. Still testing. I'll share some results/finding in a little bit after I tinker a bit.

Yes, they are both recognized and when plugged in with pull ip address and start to work. Then disconnect, then reconnect for a few sec. same thing over and over.
Working on the iGPU now. Also if you haven't already, DisableRtcChecksum = true saves a bunch of time on reboots, so the board doesn't post to safe every time.
I'm going to keep trying some different frame buffers, I've tried one that loaded and felt like full acceleration( I do know the difference) and felt much snappier. Still testing. I'll share some results/finding in a little bit after I tinker a bit.

Oh interesting, have you tried it with just 1 of the NICs plugged in? Sorry if that seems like a basic question.. old IT support habits die hard lol. My NIC pulls and holds an address via DHCP no problem (when viewing my network settings in System Preferences), however, pages will randomly not load, then start loading again. The Airport+BT kexts that @ori69 posted earlier do not seem to work for me either so I'll keep trying to dive into the network stuff.

And I was wondering about the safe mode POST every time but I hadn't gotten around to looking into it so thanks for the heads up.

Sounds good to me on the iGPU stuff, thats the most important for me as I do not have access to an AMD card and the choppy graphics are pretty rough. I only use my hackintosh installations for coding/web dev stuff so just having smooth operation and (ideally) multi-monitor support would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back