i7-8850
Graphics
GT 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
On my full running system (Big Sur 11.5.2 / Clover 0.72 / Z270N-Wifi / I7-7700k / 16 MB Hynix /RX 560 with 4MB) i have a big problem with my wifi connection. If i make a download or open some pages wifi seams to be nearly broken and 100 MB needs some hours to load. But what makes me crazy is that 4k streaming runs without any problems. Has someone an idea ? Is it typical for the Intel chipset, normaly i use BCM94360 for my hackintoshs...

Big Sur 11.5.2 / Clover 0.72 / Z270N-Wifi / I7-7700k / 16 MB Hynix /RX 560 with 4MB)
Some corrections: Opencore 0.7.2, 16GB Hynix Ram, RX 560 with 4GB

Your RX 560 should be listed in your profile if you are using it along with UHD 630.

No this is not typical for any WiFi card in macOS.

Telling us which Intel WiFi card are you using would probably help.

Telling us which kext and/or App you are using to get the card working would also help.

So thank you, but i will not look after the problem any longer because i read a lot last days and decided to change the card. The OC-Efi for Z270N-Wifi is mainly based on a Efi for Bee-link U55, because the PC runs with this first as a trail and i only adjust the settings for the rest. Like i read, the kext for Intel Wifi should not load at startup, but in the u55 it runs without any problems with kext load within boot. And like i wrote, 4k Video streaming was no problem , so at the beginning i do not want to change the card. Now the systems runs with a BCM94360 and thats manly because i use bluetooth keyboard and mouse and with the BCM94360 they are now reachable from power on.

This is almost exactly my hardware, but I haven't been able to get Big Sur working at all. (I have a fully functioning Catalina installation with a genuine Mac wifi card.) Would you be willing to share your EFI folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back