i9 10900K 3.7 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a previous computer ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero Z370 I7 RX580 which I have installed Big Sur 11.1. Everything is working fine but my Samsung Laser ML-2160 cannot be installed. Installation from System Preferences complains the lack of Drivers for the printer.

Interesting to note that my second hackingtosh build to a GIGABYTE Z490 VISION G which had Catalina before and I upgrade to Big Sur I can print to the same printer (ML-2160) without issues. I guess if I know how to do, I could get the configuration files from ~/Library/Printers and copy to the ASUS hack but it didn't work.

Any susggestions?

Thanks

Well, I had to install Catalina using OC 0.6.3, then install my printer and, then, update to Big Sur. Now my printer Samsung ML-2160 is working both USB and WiFi.

Well, I went to above link and didn't find my Samsung ML-2160 listed. Also the suggested link for a possible driver was addressed not to big sur but to catalina. Anyway, in my case, I reverted back to Catalina, install ML-2160 printer and then updated to Big Sur. I don't know it in the next future and new releases of Big Sur Apple will decide to bring old drivers to their update releases.

Thank you @fiksni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back