Contribute
Register

Big Sur Public Beta 2 kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried the troubleshooting tips from https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...bleshooting.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start
the last entry on your file is 14:134 00:004 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-08-24T04:08:12

per the guide:
SetupVirtualMap set true could cause some firmware to KP. you might try setting this to false
Thanks for the info. But yes I have already tried that with no success. I have however since fixed the issue. I followed the guide at this web site:

Not sure which item solved the problem. I installed a new beta version Bios 11k because the version 11e supplied with this post still did not boot. I suspect it may have been the Bios.
But I also changed my whole EFI to the downloadable one in the post. The config has a few small changes, but the biggest change is going from 5 SSDT down to only 2. With this new EFI I can run Catalina and Big Sur. They are both more reliable now, and my old problem with Catalina seems to be solved as well. Before when booting Catalina it could take 3-6 boots to not get a black screen even with "pikera". Now both boot quick about 14 sec with no problem and sleep is good on both.

Thanks all for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back