Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all
My Sierra install had been running flawlessly since 2017 (Gigabyte Z170X G1 Ultra Gaming, i7 6700K) but in late june, the graphic layer conked up and all I was left with was an OS with no hardware acceleration. Chrome with bands across the pages when loading, Davinci Resolve unable to even launch because no GPU found...
So I decide to upgrade but my trusty GTX1060 isn't supported anymore so I get myself a 5700XT.
I opt for OpenCore as everyone seems to say it's the better option. I take a whole afternoon following Dortania's guide step by step, slowly, carefully, I map the USB ports (which I never did with Clover but I lived off a single USB3 port which was OK).
I run the plist check, get several errors. I correct them, but upon boot OC says these additions/corrections are misplaced and therefore ignored.
I'm stuck on the famous [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] and I don't even get to install Big Sur.

This is on a machine that has everything still configured in the BIOS to run Sierra just fine, so I assume I shouldn't touch anything in that area.
Is there a trick I didn't hear about ? Some install guide I could follow ? Should I use Clover instead ? at least it worked for Sierra.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Some install guide I could follow ?
Try out the OCAT app and make a new EFI. It's got OC validate built in. Helps correct errors in the config.plist.

Try out the OCAT app and make a new EFI. It's got OC validate built in. Helps correct errors in the config.plist.

Thanks, I'll try that !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back