Contribute
Register

Big Sur on Optiplex 3080 Micro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 3080 (mini)
CPU
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10500T (6-Core, 12MB Cache, 2.3GHz to 3.8GHz, 35W)
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Hey guys!
I'm trying to install Big Sur on my new Optiplex 3080 mini, i was able to find a post here with same specs and the guy posted the EFI folder, i used it and was able get more then half way of the installation process but then the monitor turns black and going to sleep and i cant do nothing until i shut down the computer.
I've attached the log and i hope somobody will be able to tell me whats wrong ?

Attachments

• opencore-2021-09-25-054155.txt
    256 KB · Views: 56
Hi

Sorry on the phone and cannot see the pc profile. Generally this issue is due to GPU, not sure if you are using the internal one or of you have an external GPU. As it is micro I presume it is internal.

I think your machine has a intel 630, search for intel 630 sleep fix.

If you have everything else working create a bootable use as back up or use the usb for testing and fix.

Thank you so much for the reply and help. I'm trying to see if I can follow their suggestion on UHD 630 which is my GPU. hopefully this will do!

as for the kext, I didn't build this EFI i used the one someone with the same specs as mine uploaded to this forum earlier :

They say all supposed to work so i figured it should be fine but as you can see i'm having issues with the sleep thing

i was looking at the GPU fixes and wasn't able to realize where in the config flie should i add "igfxonln=1" ?

Have a look at the above, download that and use it to update the kexts. Once done see if sleep works. If not the next step would to add the igf fix. Will see if I can find where it needs to go and post.

It needs to go in the boot args. Watch this it shows you how to amend the file

I tried adding the igfxonln=1 to my config.plist and it also didn't work.
problem with updating the ketx is that i never really got to the desktop part, the installation process goes till "12 min left" and then it goes blank and nothing is on the screen, if i reboot and boot into the OS disk it will have the apple logo for a while and loading bar and when it gets almost to the the end it will do the same , go blank.

the only thing is i have this log from opencore that shows what happens and i can't tell what's wrong ?

Attachments

• opencore-2021-09-27-132122.txt
    256 KB · Views: 70
  • opencore-2021-09-27-132401.txt
    256 KB · Views: 46
I am sorry I miss understood you. I thought you got it to boot into osx and then when it went to sleep it would not wake.

I my self am also learning how to use and setup opencore, so hopefully someone who know more can have a look at the logs and confirm what the problems may be.

That's ok man i truly appreciate your help! thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back