Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mamomamo My experience with the BCM94360NG card is limited to the one card that I have. Since the card just worked for me without any special configuration and without any problems (other than what I mentioned here), I didn't learn anything about debugging the card. It may be that you have a defective BCM94360NG (although the fact that it works in Windows makes me wonder). If you feel that you've exhausted your options with the BCM94360NG that you have, ask the seller for a refund or take your chances by asking the seller to replace your card with a new one. I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions. @rafale77 's "real Apple card" does appear to be the safer route. It's quite possible that I just got lucky with my BCM94360NG and that the quality control during manufacturing of the card is poor.

@mamomamo My experience with the BCM94360NG card is limited to the one card that I have. Since the card just worked for me without any special configuration and without any problems (other than what I mentioned here), I didn't learn anything about debugging the card. It may be that you have a defective BCM94360NG (although the fact that it works in Windows makes me wonder). If you feel that you've exhausted your options with the BCM94360NG that you have, ask the seller for a refund or take your chances by asking the seller to replace your card with a new one. I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions. @rafale77 's "real Apple card" does appear to be the safer route. It's quite possible that I just got lucky with my BCM94360NG and that the quality control during manufacturing of the card is poor.
deveedee, I just have to thank for the consideration and commitment you gave me together with @rafale77 not always everything goes smoothly, especially in hackintosh I seem to have understood: O), I seriously consider rafale77's solution especially if I can find the 180 degree adapter to save the second port for a second nvme which over all would also save me the work of modifying the container for the sata disk, I guess if there is to do it for the disk, it must also be done for the 'adapter + wifi card, so I thank all 2 again from the heart. If anyone comes up with a link for the 180 ° adapter send me a message, good day everyone

@mamomamo I was reading reviews of the BCM94360NG card on Amazon. Most people reported success with hackintosh and this card, but a few did have problems. One person claimed that in order to get the card to work properly, they needed to install Catalina 10.15.4 first and then upgrade to newer macOS. For Catalina, you can use your same EFI.

@mamomamo I was reading reviews of the BCM94360NG card on Amazon. Most people reported success with hackintosh and this card, but a few did have problems. One person claimed that in order to get the card to work properly, they needed to install Catalina 10.15.4 first and then upgrade to newer macOS. For Catalina, you can use your same EFI.
Hi deveedee, I could also do it to get rid of all scruples although, I don't understand why installing Catalina first (if the card is also compatible with Monterey) should load different drivers than a clean installation of BigSur or Monterey anyway, given the strange things that happen in the 'hackintosh scope I could also try even if I just finished "fixing" BigSur recently installed: O ((
One tip I am using your EFI with an i5 9500, honestly it is fine with the Macmini8,1 setting Intel Core i7-8700B @ 3.20 GHz I did not notice excessive heating and sleep works too, I have read that someone with 9th generation processor has modified with Imac 19.1 (if I'm not mistaken), you think it's worth trying to change, I'm not an expert (as you will have understood) and I would not want to make things worse, apart from the bluetooth they are fine.
Thanks for the advice to try starting with Catalina.
I wish you a good weekend

Last edited:
@mamomamo You're referring to early attempts to diagnose power management issues. I am no longer recommending the use of iMac19,1 SMBIOS with our HackMinis. Using SMBIOS MacMini8,1 with your i9 CPU is fine. The EFIs attached to Post #1 work with HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Minis and all i5, i7 and i9 CPUs compatible with the G4/G5 Minis.

@mamomamo You're referring to early attempts to diagnose power management issues. I am no longer recommending the use of iMac19,1 SMBIOS with our HackMinis. Using SMBIOS MacMini8,1 with your i9 CPU is fine. The EFIs attached to Post #1 work with HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Minis and all i5, i7 and i9 CPUs compatible with the G4/G5 Minis.
Perfect, you take a weight off me, if you had advised me to change it would have been a problem for me, I leave everything as it is, thanks :O))

@mamomamo, I think that @deeveedee is onto something... Going to Catalina and upgrade from it would not cause the loading of a different driver but the MacOS upgrade my update the firmware of the BT chip. Indeed, non Apple BRCM BT chips require an upload of their FW at each OS boot. It is normally done by the driver. The MacOS driver doesn't do that which is the reason for the BRCMPatchRAM.kext for the non apple cards. However the BCM94360NG apparently is supposed to mimic exactly the apple card. Meaning it has a non volatile firmware and I can only guess that the firmware gets updated during some MacOS upgrades. One alternative would be to attempt to use the BRCMPatchRAM hoping that it would update the BT FW but I am not sure that it would work... I speculate that Apple uses a proprietary FW to support all the continuity features.

@mamomamo, I think that @deeveedee is onto something... Going to Catalina and upgrade from it would not cause the loading of a different driver but the MacOS upgrade my update the firmware of the BT chip. Indeed, non Apple BRCM BT chips require an upload of their FW at each OS boot. It is normally done by the driver. The MacOS driver doesn't do that which is the reason for the BRCMPatchRAM.kext for the non apple cards. However the BCM94360NG apparently is supposed to mimic exactly the apple card. Meaning it has a non volatile firmware and I can only guess that the firmware gets updated during some MacOS upgrades. One alternative would be to attempt to use the BRCMPatchRAM hoping that it would update the BT FW but I am not sure that it would work... I speculate that Apple uses a proprietary FW to support all the continuity features.
so starting from Catalina could update the drive I understand, I could also try the BCMPatchRAM.kext just to see if the situation improves, if not, I try with Catalina and from there I update everything, my worried question is, if a tomorrow I have to reinstall from scratch, I understand that I still have to restart from Catalina? As long as it works.
Thanks raffa77

@mamomamo The Amazon reviewer specifically mentioned starting with Catalina 10.15.4 (not a later version of macOS). I have no experience with this and am only reporting what I read.

@mamomamo The Amazon reviewer specifically mentioned starting with Catalina 10.15.4 (not a later version of macOS). I have no experience with this and am only reporting what I read.

Thanks for telling me but, I'm trying to download 10.15.4 and I can't get the installer, I downloaded it 3 times and, still the same error, I have 10.15.7 as installer but, as you wrote it won't work

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-03-06 alle 13.15.04.png
    Schermata 2022-03-06 alle 13.15.04.png
    423.9 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back