Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
This adapter is for an SSD NGFF and will occupy an SSD location. I can't seem to find the 180deg adapter I am using which would work on the dedicated WIFI port.
Thanks really very kind, at the moment the port of the second NGFF SSD is free but, I would be sorry to preclude the possibility of putting a second one, for what it costs (after the BigSur installation test) I take it anyway but, if in the course of time would recap you to find the one at 180 degrees x please let me know also why would I have to wire the antenna wires again by changing the port

It's unfortunate that these adapters won't fit because of physical space on our machines:

Edit:

I found it!

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that these adapters won't fit because of physical space on our machines:
oh yes, it would be too good: o) the wifi card vendor does not ship internationally, I found another one in Italy, the only one there for € 30 but even if I wanted to try I would not have the adapter ... never a joy: O))

@mamomamo If you do re-install Big Sur with your BCM94360NG card, be sure to reset NVRAM (from the OC boot menu).

@mamomamo If you do re-install Big Sur with your BCM94360NG card, be sure to reset NVRAM (from the OC boot menu).
Hi deveedee, I restore the nvram every time I put or remove a kext, for sure I will and I really hope that the problem will be solved or, at least it will be mitigated because I would hate to have to disassemble it all again, I am afraid of damaging something

oh yes, it would be too good: o) the wifi card vendor does not ship internationally, I found another one in Italy, the only one there for € 30 but even if I wanted to try I would not have the adapter ... never a joy: O))
This seems to be available in Italy.

Also not sure what reinstalling MacOS would do. This is really a driver/firmware support issue within macOS and I don't know why it would change anything. My issues certainly persisted through OS updates and NVRAM updates.

You'll also want to change ExtendBTFeatureFlags quirk in your config.plist from false to true (Kernel > Quirks > ExtendBTFeatureFlags). This doesn't explain the problems you're seeing, but you should have it enabled for Bluetooth.

Last edited:
This seems to be available in Italy.

Also not sure what reinstalling MacOS would do. This is really a driver/firmware support issue within macOS and I don't know why it would change anything. My issues certainly persisted through OS updates and NVRAM updates.
I don't know if you need to reinstall BigSur but it is a test to do since a deeveedee works fine, maybe over the months something conflicts with the new card that a clean installation with card installed could change something.
Definitely a silly question, can you somehow "extract" windows drivers and "convert them for mac?"

Hey moderators - why are my posts awaiting moderator approval?

@mamomamo , @rafale77 I tried to post a link, but maybe its not allowed in this forum. Do an internet search for "Broadcom BCM94360NG WIFI working but no bluetooth - Opencore 0.5.9" to find the link I was referencing. I think that installing Windows and then re-installing macOS may do the same thing as the link.

Also, @mamomamo - change ExtendBTFeatureFlags quirk in your config.plist from false to true (Kernel > Quirks > ExtendBTFeatureFlags). This doesn't explain the problems you're seeing, but you should have it enabled for Bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back