Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@logyon I've only had one instance here where the normal software update did not work for me on this HackMini. If you use one of the EFI's attached to Post #1, you should be able to update through the normal software update process.

Don't mind @Delek , he laughs at everything.

Hi! I bought a HP 600 prodesk G4 with 2DP and 1HDMI.
I choose your last EFI from post 1, using the device properties for 2DP+1HDMI.
My problem is that the system has a lilu KP when boot: first boots fine, second kp (needs to power off, and then seem that boots fine since the next KP). Doing this process, I can finish the install of Big Sur, copy the EFI files to the nvme, but the same problems.
Any idea?
I attach my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.9 KB · Views: 46
@santitf Please post your entire EFI as noted in Post #1.

EDIT: Since you are using an HP 600 prodesk G4 Mini and not the HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini for which this guide is written, it is possible that there are elements of this solution that won't work for you (I've never tested on an HP 600 prodesk G4 Mini). Try removing boot-arg igfxfw=2.

Also, please confirm that you are populating your PlatformInfo (MLB, ROM, etc.).

Last edited:
@santitf Please post your entire EFI as noted in Post #1.

EDIT: Since you are using an HP 600 prodesk G4 Mini and not the HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini for which this guide is written, it is possible that there are elements of this solution that won't work for you (I've never tested on an HP 600 prodesk G4 Mini). Try removing boot-arg igfxfw=2.

Also, please confirm that you are populating your PlatformInfo (MLB, ROM, etc.).
Thanks for your quick response.
Now writing on my hp 600 g4 mini.
I make a noob mistake not using -v flag to see what happens: it's not a lilu KP, it's a nvmefix.kext extension problem.
I uncheck in config.plist the kext NVMeFix.kext in kernel section, my system works flawless (restart and install without problems).
Maybe it's a nvme "problem" (Apacer AS2280P4 512GB).
I test sleep and the system awake but monitor is black. If I unplug my HDMI and plug again, the monitor shows again my desktop. Using Hackintool, I see that system thinks that my connection is DP and not HDMI (see attach image).
I attach again the entire EFI folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 18.26.05.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 18.26.05.png
    95 KB · Views: 49
  • EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 57
@santitf Great detective work! You may have discovered an NVMe SSD with compatibility issues. See this.

I have not tested with HDMI, but others have reported some HDMI issues (even with properly patched framebuffer). Does your display also have an HDMI connector, or are you using an adapter cable (e.g., are you using a HDMI->HDMI cable)? Does your display have a DP connector so that you can try using a DP->DP cable on another video port? What is the resolution of your display?

It is possible that Hackintool is displaying the wrong info about your system. Can you please post your IORegistryExplorer dump using IORegistryExplorer 2.1 (attached)?

EDIT: When you open the "Connectors" view in Hackintool, try clicking the refresh button if Hackintool is not displaying the correct connector types.
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 9.15.35 AM.png

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    252.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
@santitf Great detective work! You may have discovered an NVMe SSD with compatibility issues. See this.

I have not tested with HDMI, but others have reported some HDMI issues (even with properly patched framebuffer). Does your display also have an HDMI connector, or are you using an adapter cable (e.g., are you using a HDMI->HDMI cable)? Does your display have a DP connector so that you can try using a DP->DP cable on another video port? What is the resolution of your display?

It is possible that Hackintool is displaying the wrong info about your system. Can you please post your IORegistryExplorer dump using IORegistryExplorer 2.1 (attached)?

EDIT: When you open the "Connectors" view in Hackintool, try clicking the refresh button if Hackintool is not displaying the correct connector types.
View attachment 538556
Hi deveedee:
I use a simple HDMI to HDMI cable.
My monitor has 2 hdmi and one DP (used by my gaming PC, to get 170 hz).
I can try to use a dp to dp to my monitor, but my idea it's to use the hdmi port and leave the DP to my gaming PC.
Montor 27" and 2k resolution.
Refreshing Hackintool doesn't change the correct connector types.
I attach my IORegistry.

Attachments

• Santi’s Mac mini.ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 51
@santitf If you examine your IORegistry, you'll see that your connector types for each of your framebuffers are set according to your DeviceProperties patches, so the problem appears to be Hackintool and not your config:

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.19.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.19.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.20.19 PM.png

I haven't needed to patch HDMI, so I hope others will read this and chime in. Read this for other WEG HDMI DeviceProperties that you might need to play with to see if they help.
  • enable-hdmi20
  • enable-hdmi-dividers-fix
  • enable-lspcon-support with the framebuffer-conX-has-lspcon property (replace conX with con2 for your rig)
  • Optional: framebuffer-conX-preferred-lspcon-mode

Let us know what you discover.

@santitf If you examine your IORegistry, you'll see that your connector types for each of your framebuffers are set according to your DeviceProperties patches, so the problem appears to be Hackintool and not your config:

View attachment 538647
View attachment 538648
View attachment 538649

I haven't needed to patch HDMI, so I hope others will read this and chime in. Read this for other WEG HDMI DeviceProperties that you might need to play with to see if they help.
  • enable-hdmi20
  • enable-hdmi-dividers-fix
  • enable-lspcon-support with the framebuffer-conX-has-lspcon property (replace conX with con2 for your rig)
  • Optional: framebuffer-conX-preferred-lspcon-mode

Let us know what you discover.
@deeveedee Thanks again!
I try a DP to DP cable and monitor works perfect, awaking from sleep.
Before I start to patch HDMI, will my system works if I use a DP to HDMI cable as the DP-DP cable?
By the way, I see a System update to Monterey and accept it! The update was fine and now I‘m writing this post on Monterey.

@santitf Start reading here. @Shadowghost , @theroadw and @trs96 have more experience with DP->HDMI than I do.

EDIT: @Shadowghost and @theroadw - have you tested the EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini HDMI port after Apple released a new MBP with native HDMI 2.0? I wonder if the macOS updates to support the new MBP would help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back