Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
OC0.7.6 EFI is now attached to Post #1 with the changes listed here.

I upgraded my HackMini8,1 to OC 0.7.6. The required changes from OC 0.7.5 are as follows. Note the addition of boot-arg igfxfw=2 as discussed earlier. igfxfw=2 is not a required change for this upgrade, but I'm including it now as part of my baseline after observing iGPU performance improvement.

OC 0.7.6 EFI Changes from OC 0.7.5
  • EFI/BOOT: Update BOOTx64.efi
  • EFI/OC: Update OpenCore.efi
  • EFI/OC/Drivers: Update OpenRuntime.efi
  • EFI/OC/Kexts:
    • Update AppleALC.kext 1.6.6 -> 1.6.7
    • Update VirtualSMC.kext 1.2.7 -> 1.2.8
    • Update Lilu.kext 1.5.7 -> 1.5.8
  • EFI/OC/Tools: Update tools
  • EFI/OC/config.plist
    • Add NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args > igfxfw=2
    • Remove NVRAM > Add > 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 > UIScale
    • Add UEFI > Output > ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect (Boolean, False)
    • Add UEFI > Output > UIScale (Integer, 0)
    • Add UEFI > Quirks > EnableVmx (Boolean, False)
Test your EFI changes on a USB drive before applying the changes to your production drive. Reset NVRAM after applying the EFI changes and before booting macOS.
Hi - my first post :).

I'm having issues with igfxfw=2. When included it boot-args my HackMini cannot go into sleep mode. Any ideas?

Hi - my first post :).

I'm having issues with igfxfw=2. When included it boot-args my HackMini cannot go into sleep mode. Any ideas?
Without knowing your time zone, I'm just guessing, but maybe it's too early. Try waiting until the end of the day (bedtime) to see if it wants to sleep then.

@wm1 I took another look at your hardware profile: "Motherboard: Yes, CPU: Yes, Graphics: No." Clearly the problem is that your system has no graphics. I hope that helps.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 12.44.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Without knowing your time zone, I'm just guessing, but maybe it's too early. Try waiting until the end of the day (bedtime) to see if it wants to sleep then.

@wm1 I took another look at your hardware profile: "Motherboard: Yes, CPU: Yes, Graphics: No." Clearly the problem is that your system has no graphics. I hope that helps.

Updated my profile. No need to be snarky.

@wm1 Please forgive my "snarky" reply. If you take a moment to review Post #1 in this thread, you'll see why your question frustrates me. Read a little further and you'll see that there are hundreds of uncompensated hours invested in this thread to help you. I don't think I'm asking too much when I ask you to put a little thought and effort into your question and into the details that you provide when you ask for help. Please follow the help request instructions in Post #1 and change your motherboard to EliteDesk 800 G5 or G4 Mini (whichever it is).

@wm1 Please forgive my "snarky" reply. If you take a moment to review Post #1 in this thread, you'll see why your question frustrates me. Read a little further and you'll see that there are hundreds of uncompensated hours invested in this thread to help you. I don't think I'm asking too much when I ask you to put a little thought and effort into your question and into the details that you provide when you ask for help. Please follow the help request instructions in Post #1 and change your motherboard to EliteDesk 800 G5 or G4 Mini (whichever it is).
I have read the whole thread from top to bottom and I do understand the configuration of my device.
I’ve used the sleep fix with “pmset” in terminal but it didn’t work. I couldn’t find anything else to help so decided to make an account and ask simple questions as igfxfw=2 is the only variable that messes with my device’s sleep setting.
I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t look first. If you’re not willing to help just say it and let others share their experience with the new proposed boot argument.

Last edited:
I decided to return to 10.15.7, the whole system is a lot snappier... and how to say... it also stays snappier without rebooting than Big Sur...

I have read the whole thread from top to bottom and I do understand the configuration of my device.
I’ve used the sleep fix with “pmset” in terminal but it didn’t work. I couldn’t find anything else to help so decided to make an account and ask simple questions as igfxfw=2 is the only variable that messes with my device’s sleep setting.
I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t look first. If you’re not willing to help just say it and let others share their experience with the new proposed boot argument.
I dont have any sleep issues with igfxfw=2.
Maybe you should try Clean NVRAM and retest sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back