Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tedyun We'll never know. My post has already been censored and modified.

Moderators, if my post was offensive, maybe the ad content needs to be reviewed.

@tedyun The views of this thread just jumped from 102K to 103K. I think we found the formula for increased views.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I've checked and can't see any 'removed' posts from Moderator level. However if they are linked to other posts which are deleted then the quote can be left as an 'orphan' seemingly without a source.

If you see an advert which is offensive or inappropriate then please use the Contact Us link, bottom-left of every window so that it can be reviewed by the site owners, who have ultimate control.

In the past I've seen a couple and reported them. They can be blocked from being served to the feed in future etc.

:)

Hi guys. I've checked and can't see any 'removed' posts from Moderator level. However if they are linked to other posts which are deleted then the quote can be left as an 'orphan' seemingly without a source.

If you see an advert which is offensive or inappropriate then please use the Contact Us link, bottom-left of every window so that it can be reviewed by the site owners, who have ultimate control.

In the past I've seen a couple and reported them. They can be blocked from being served to the feed in future etc.

:)
I restored the original content. Let's see how long it remains ;)

I restored the original content. Let's see how long it remains ;)

Yes, I've seen it. I left it in place when it was in the appropriate forum - Site Suggestions - for the owners to review. The above edited post is not though so will probably be removed ... And let's be honest the lady is scary!

Thanks to @thexsenator for posting his EFI with boot-arg "igfxfw=2," I experimented with and without the boot arg. It does appear that GeekBench5 Metal scores are better with the boot-arg than without. If you experiment with this boot-arg, I would suggest doing so by configuring your experimental EFI on a USB drive, so that you can easily recover. According to Andrey1970 in "the other forum," this boot-arg is for chipsets with ME v12 (Z390, B360, H370, H310, Q370, C246 and newer) which includes the EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini Q370 chipset. Note that I'm running my tests with an i9-9900 CPU.

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 8.07.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 7.56.38 AM.png

Last edited:
i update to OC 0.7.5 and update to Monterey via app store. unfortunately, it happened it become black screen after apple logo. i still can see the HDD light still keep on blinking like its running. bootargs I put -v seems like very fast and turned to black screen also.

I upgraded my HackMini8,1 to OC 0.7.6. The required changes from OC 0.7.5 are as follows. Note the addition of boot-arg igfxfw=2 as discussed earlier. igfxfw=2 is not a required change for this upgrade, but I'm including it now as part of my baseline after observing iGPU performance improvement.

OC 0.7.6 EFI Changes from OC 0.7.5
  • EFI/BOOT: Update BOOTx64.efi
  • EFI/OC: Update OpenCore.efi
  • EFI/OC/Drivers: Update OpenRuntime.efi
  • EFI/OC/Kexts:
    • Update AppleALC.kext 1.6.6 -> 1.6.7
    • Update VirtualSMC.kext 1.2.7 -> 1.2.8
    • Update Lilu.kext 1.5.7 -> 1.5.8
  • EFI/OC/Tools: Update tools
  • EFI/OC/config.plist
    • Add NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args > igfxfw=2
    • Remove NVRAM > Add > 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 > UIScale
    • Add UEFI > Output > ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect (Boolean, False)
    • Add UEFI > Output > UIScale (Integer, 0)
    • Add UEFI > Quirks > EnableVmx (Boolean, False)
Test your EFI changes on a USB drive before applying the changes to your production drive. Reset NVRAM after applying the EFI changes and before booting macOS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back