Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add in USB port recustomizations and CPU frequency changes. Although GeekBench 5 CPU Benchmark scores are lower than yours, the CPU can perform strongly at high loads, and work in negative mode at daily low loads, rather than high frequencies all the time.
@Mook Thank you for posting your EFI and congratulations on your successful build. Glad this guide helped. Would you be able to explain why you added UTBMap.kext, USBToolBox.kext and CPUFriend kexts? What did you observe without the kexts that made you decide to add them?

Add in USB port recustomizations and CPU frequency changes. Although GeekBench 5 CPU Benchmark scores are lower than yours, the CPU can perform strongly at high loads, and work in negative mode at daily low loads, rather than high frequencies all the time.
For which Intel CPU are the freq changes valid? i9 9900T?

@Mook I'm not familiar with your USB solution, but it looks to me like your USB map is wrong for the EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini. If I'm wrong, it's because I'm not familiar with UTBMap.kext. In your UTBMap.kext, your Info.plist includes the following USB Ports:

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 8.22.57 AM.png

The list of all 16 ports available is posted here. I don't want to change your approach, but you may find it easier to simply follow the USBPort customization documented in this thread (using USBPorts.kext). It's up to you.

I just upgraded from 11.6 to the latest Monterey beta and after a quick look nothing seems to be broken.
The only problem I ran into was the FeatureUnlock kext breaking boot after unlocking FileVault2 on boot.
I didn't investigate it any further and just disabled FeatureUnlock again since I don't use any of the features.
I wonder if the new version fixes this for you? "Resolved rare OS-side crashing from Sidecar patching"

@deeveedee Do you have any idea why I get notifications under Bir Sur 11.6.2 about insufficient usb power? Is it possible to edit the SSDT-USBX with higher power values? Im using your 0.74 OC config, updated to OC 0.75 by me. :)

Attachments

• EFI-OC075-HPELITEG4.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 59
@thexsenator We've attempted to resolve this a few times in this thread (@Carstimann @xuandung38 and possibly others). I'm open to your suggestions. Read these posts and see if you can come up with something:

Last edited:
@thexsenator Are you observing any iGPU performance difference with boot-arg igfxfw=2?

@deeveedee Yes, especially if I have tons of firefox tabs open with tons of adult entertaining videos. I mean it, no joke. :) Otherwise I feel the overall graphic performance is more constant with igfxfw=2, but this is only a feeling, didnt measure it with any app. About the USB thing, tnanks so much, I will check them and report back.

@thexsenator Funny. My wife saw this ad while I was browsing tonymacx86 and thought I was browsing "adult entertaining videos."

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 3.21.31 PM.png

I'll test the boot-arg.

EDIT: for others who are interested in the boot-arg igfxfw=2, according to this, it is for 9th Gen chipsets (i.e., Z390) or newer only. Our EliteDesk Minis have the Q370 chipset.

Last edited:
@thexsenator Funny. My wife saw this ad that popped up on the tonymacx86 site and thought I was surfing 'adult entertaining videos.'

@deeveedee : you must have a much more interesting personalized ad experience than me. I'm just getting ads for refurbished Dells and Kohls.

What they heck are they advertising there? "Five"? I only see two....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back