Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen reports indicating that the new M1X-based MacMini will have memory options up to 64GB. Performance of the M1X should far exceed anything we've seen with Intel-based systems and should drive pricing of the "old" M1-based MacMini down even further than the current lowest price of $799 for the 16GB version.
as developer, I think intel is more stable for now. I've concern about M1 Mini and G5 with I9 before, so I tried with M1 for brandnew experience.
M1 is really fast, cool and quite slient even I use 2, 3 emulator at same time but the software on M1 isn't support fully.
In some situation, we need to handle with old things that shouldn't upgrade (It will totally crash if upgrade to lastest to support M1) like legacy source code then I'm in deep trouble

@dolphin19303 I think you are correct. I'm currently staying with Intel because of reliable/stable support for my developer apps. It is only a matter of time before these apps are fully supported on M1 platform. Until that time, we have a very reliable, stable and fast platform with this HackMini8,1.

A lesson learned the hard way - take this advice and learn from someone else's mistake...

You'll be suspended if you propose (or even hint) at any form of compensation for solutions posted in this forum ... even if offered with the best of intentions. Be glad that there are generous people who offer hundreds of hours of their own time and effort to provide you with solutions and answers at no cost to you and no monetary compensation for them. Be generous with your likes (use the "Like" button in the bottom right of the post that helps you), your praise, your thanks and your compliments, but don't offer or suggest any monetary or material compensation.

A lesson learned the hard way - take this advice and learn from someone else's mistake...

You'll be suspended if you propose (or even hint) at any form of compensation for solutions posted in this forum ... even if offered with the best of intentions. Be glad that there are generous people who offer hundreds of hours of their own time and effort to provide you with solutions and answers at no cost to you and no monetary compensation for them. Be generous with your likes (use the "Like" button in the bottom right of the post that helps you), your praise, your thanks and your compliments, but don't offer or suggest any monetary or material compensat

That’s unfortunate

Hello all,

long time no c.

Not able to install it with OC 0.74 to a external Drive. Allways return to the recovery disk behind boot.

Updated to Monterey, without any issues to a test HDD drive on a 800G4 mini With OC 0.7.4
(Test drive: Cloned my SSD to a HDD with SuperDuper! Changed the drives, and updated from there. The EFI was originally not cloned, so I had to boot from USB drive and then mounted it and wrote it to EFI, before updating), everything went smooth afterwards. Hope this helps.
I‘ll do it tomorrow to my actual work SSD, but with great confidence now.

EDIT: I tested with my work SSD and seems to work and boot as fast as it did with macOS 11. The only thing though, is that it no longer recognises my Bluetooth dongle, so there's something needed there. I'll read the other forums to look for the solution. Or will somebody point me to it? Thanks.

Attachments

• BBBE8AF4-9924-467B-AE7E-04D458BBDEC5.jpeg
    BBBE8AF4-9924-467B-AE7E-04D458BBDEC5.jpeg
    673.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
@rodrigogarciana click the link below and read:
"WARNING
Note that all cards have not been fixed yet, and that bluetooth support is being worked on still.
Do not be suprised if your card does not work, and please be patient! ....."
After adding the relevant Kexts (BrcmPatchRAM v2.6.0) to the Kext folder and to the config.plist in the right order (BlueToolFixup -> BrcmFirmwareData -> BrcmPatchRAM3) my cheap bluetooth dongle came back to life. Everything is working great now. Happy overall with this Monterey OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back