Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@miliuco

I probably should have posted using a spoiler ;)

Some of the followers of this thread are probably too new to remember Rehabman who famously replied "No problem reporting files" when people posted questions without any supporting details/information. Occasionally, I visit other threads as I'm still learning and I'm amazed by the questions. I was once a beginner (and am far from an expert) and recall the many times that I asked questions only to receive Rehabman's "No problem reporting files" response. At the time, the response seemed trite, unhelpful and impatient, but now I know better.

Imagine if I visited a DIY car repair forum and asked "My car doesn't start. Can you fix it?" without stating the make, model and year of the car, the engine / trim specifics that distinguish my car from other models in its model/year, the symptoms, how many miles were on the car, the amount of fuel in the tank, what exactly the engine does when I engage the ignition switch ... Silly, isn't it?

When posting questions, always attach your EFI as described in Post #1, make sure that your post fully describes your system (e.g. HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini, i9-9900, 3 x DP -> DP displays, 32GB RAM, 500GB WD SN750 NVMe SSD, Open Core 0.7.4, macOS Big Sur 11.6) and include any supporting description / documention of the problem.

Last edited:
@deeveedee
I wish this were usual behaviour when asking for help. It's difficult for me to understand why someone asks anything thinking that there is no need to say some words about the hard and soft he/she is using.
And I miss Rehabman. What a brain!

@miliuco I remember many times when Rehabman replied to me with "No problem reporting files." I wasn't intentionally trying to be difficult. I was just too much of a novice to realize that the people I hoped to help me weren't mind readers and magicians. They were (and are) just like me (only much smarter and much more patient :) ).

I've seen reports indicating that the new M1X-based MacMini will have memory options up to 64GB. Performance of the M1X should far exceed anything we've seen with Intel-based systems and should drive pricing of the "old" M1-based MacMini down even further than the current lowest price of $799 for the 16GB version.

I've seen reports indicating that the new M1X-based MacMini will have memory options up to 64GB. Performance of the M1X should far exceed anything we've seen with Intel-based systems and should drive pricing of the "old" M1-based MacMini down even further than the current lowest price of $799 for the 16GB version.
Isn't the M1X rumor ditched at this point? I thought they went the route of using the announced M1 Pro and M1 Max processors.

@liriolebron Looks like you are correct. The new Mini should have the same CPU as the new MacBookPro which is M1 Pro or M1 Max. The memory options up to 64GB should still be accurate (since that is available in the new MBP). Is The M1X vs Pro/Max just a product naming change? Looks like the 8/10 core options in Max and Pro are consistent with M1X rumors.

EDIT: According to techradar, the M1X looks to have been released as the M1 Pro, so this does appear to be just a product name change. Maybe, when the M1"X" rumor started, the "X" was Apple's placeholder for the TBD "Max" and "Pro" names? I'm just guessing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back