Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that the upgrade to BS 11.6 has broken my ability to print to a Windows shared printer (an old HP LaserJet). I have two hacks (this HackMini and my HackBookPro) that now have this problem. A quick search suggests that other "real" Macs have this same problem. I have tried deleting and re-adding the printer, but no luck. Has anyone seen this problem and if so, have you found a fix for it?
Same here, but I have the same problem under Catalina 10.15.7 too and under BS 11.0.1 also. From windows, zorin os, ubuntu linux the network printing works without a problem. I have an old Epson AL-M2000DN. The funny part is that i can even see the supply levels on my printer, just cannot print :)
Solution for me is that I connected the printer via USB to my synology vm (xpenology) and shared the printer from DSM with airprint, so I can print from macOS.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 14.00.27.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 14.00.27.png
    65 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 14.01.34.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 14.01.34.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 14.01.02.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 14.01.02.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 59
See fix for this issue here.

@thexsenator My old HP LaserJet printer (PCL drivers) is connected to Windows Server 2016 via a parallel port (yeah - it's old). Up until Big Sur 11.6, I printed from macOS via SMB. With Big Sur 11.6, I tried deleting and re-adding the printer (and it re-added without any problems), but print jobs start normally and then "time-out" resulting in "Printer Paused."

I see no indications that the printer shouldn't still work. The behavior is the same on two hacks that I upgraded from BS 11.5.x to 11.6.

Last edited:
FYI... I don't see anything in the OC 0.7.4 commits that interests me enough to perform the upgrade from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4. I probably won't be posting an 0.7.4 EFI and I welcome posts from others. Also just a reminder that I won't be creating a Monterey thread for this HackMini. The torch is still waiting to be passed to someone else.

Just as a general info: I'm running the Monterey betas and everything worked fine last time I checked (not using my hackintosh much though). We'd still need to check installing it fresh since my install is an upgrade from BS.

If I find some time on the weekend I may upgrade the EFI to 0.7.4 and post it.
Prerequisite is that OC 0.7.4 is officially released.

Last edited:
@thexsenator My old HP LaserJet printer (PCL drivers) is connected to Windows Server 2016 via a parallel port (yeah - it's old). Up until Big Sur 11.6, I printed from macOS via SMB. With Big Sur 11.6, I tried deleting and re-adding the printer (and it re-added without any problems), but print jobs start normally and then "time-out" resulting in "Printer Paused."

I see no indications that the printer shouldn't still work. The behavior is the same on two hacks that I upgraded from BS 11.5.x to 11.6.
Mine is a network printer and was working for years, then it suddenly stopped working under macos. I have zero ideas why it is not working anymore :) My printer is old as hell too :) But as long it is printing i dont care :) :)

Will the EFI work for the 800 G1?

My hardware for the machine are as follow:

• Intel core i7-4765T processor
  • Intel Q87 express
  • Intel HD graphics on all models (integrated on processor)
  • 2 Display Ports
  • Ethernet (RJ-45): Intel I217LM Gigabit Network Connection (standard)
  • Wireless: Intel Wireless-N 7260 802.11 M.2 a/b/g/n NIC card
  • HD audio with Realtek ALC221 codec (all ports are stereo)
  • VGA port
  • 16 gb of ram

Last edited:
My hardware for the machine are as follow:

• Intel core i7-4765T processor
  • Intel Q87 express
  • Intel HD graphics on all models (integrated on processor)
  • 2 Display Ports
  • Ethernet (RJ-45): Intel I217LM Gigabit Network Connection (standard)
  • Wireless: Intel Wireless-N 7260 802.11 M.2 a/b/g/n NIC card
  • HD audio with Realtek ALC221 codec (all ports are stereo)
  • VGA port
  • 16 gb of ram
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back