Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, I'll take a look if I find some time next week. But currently FV2 works fine just by not using the FeatureUnlock kext :)

Hey, thanks for your advices... Unfortunately none of them solves the problem. Also tried newest nightly IntelMausi.kext, switching WOL on in the bios... No success... Sleep and wake works perfectly, only downside is that after wake all mounted network drives are gone after wake up :( Maxbe a DSDT patch? I noticed that under hackintool PCIe tab that the Intel LAN controller ASPM is disabled. Tried switching ADPM ON witch pci-aspm-default in OC under DeviceProperties, that has no effect either, ASPM stays disabled. Any other ideas what else i could try? :)

@thexsenator I'm not certain, but I think you might be asking the wrong question (and thus might be attempting to solve the wrong problem). Is it possible that instead of figuring out how to keep Ethernet on during sleep, that you actually need to figure out how to configure macOS to auto-reconnect to a network share after wake? Try searching for 'macos auto reconnect shared drive'

@deeveedee I wasnt certain either, but you are right... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Last edited:
Did you start with clover or did you do straight opencore.

I have downloaded the files from post 1

set up myplist i think correctly however i am running in to an error

Could not read \efi\: invalid parameter
Error: could not find boot options invalid parameter
start images returned invalid parameter
Oc boot failed invalid parameter
OCB start image failed = invalid parameter

@logyon Always post your current EFI with your requests for help.

So I used gibos to create my os installer, used the Catalina recovery dmg as I didn't access to get the other way you had mentioned. then copied my EFI files to the folder on the pen drive and replacing what was there.

@deeveedee sorted it now it didn't attached properly

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
@logyon If you are certain that you followed the steps listed here (including the BIOS configuration and macOS installation instructions), I don't know why you're experiencing those issues. Carefully read the Known Issues here and here to see if any of the listed solutions helps you.

You may also want to install Windows to make sure that your hardware is good.

I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but XCode 12.5.1 was updated to XCode 13 on my rig. I think it happened with the latest Safari 15.0 update, but I'm not sure why that would be the case. In any event, I need to stay on XCode 12.5.1 and now my software builds are broken. It's unfortunate that an update like this is quietly inserted without warning.

EDIT: I examined TimeMachine and see that I was running XCode 12.5.1 earlier today (prior to the Safari 15.0 update). Manually reverting to XCode 12.5.1 resolved my build issues.

Last edited:
@dolphin19303 While I'd love to create ACPI patches and a working EFI for the G6, they're still too expensive (my opinion). For best performance right now, purchase a 65W G5 with i9-9900 (and ignore all my previous claims that the i9 was overkill). See my latest i9-9900 conclusion here. I love my rig with the following specs:
  • EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini 65W
  • i9-9900
  • 32GB DDR4 2666 (2 x 16GB)
  • 2 x 500GB SN750 WD Black NVMe SSD
  • 2 TB SATA HD (for backup, TimeMachine) (use SATA Caddy mod here)
If you need Wi-Fi, add the Wi-Fi module here.

If the above specs result in a system that is too expensive, purchase a G4 Mini 65W with i7-8700.
Hi @deeveedee I see this build is flawless with my budget for now.
I still have an concern that how is that compare to Mac mini M1 with 16GB RAM. This comparison is lame but I see lots of review about M1 Mac mini and the price is similar to above build.
At leasts in developer view (I'm a developer), I need much ram to multiple task so I can reach 32GB an so on in G5 but I see M1 Mac mini review is incrediable fast and smooth also, no lag, heating ...
can you give me some advance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back