Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@coretek To review your config.plist, I started by diffing with mine, but you've made a lot of cosmetic changes that make comparison difficult. Any way you can just leave the config.plist as is (except for the necessary changes) until we figure this out?

Also, make sure you Reset NVRAM before you boot with any EFI changes.

EDIT: @coretek - I noticed that you're using the USBPorts.kext examples incorrectly. Only one USBPorts.kext should be enabled. Read the instructions carefully.

Last edited:
I upgraded my EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini BIOS to version 02.10.01 Rev.A (Sep 3, 2021). I first attempted to perform the update via the updater in BIOS, but that did not work (BIOS image could not be verified and HP could not figure out why). I ended up installing a Windows 10 NVMe SSD (I normally don't have Windows installed on my rig) and performed the BIOS update using the executable download in Windows 10. The BIOS update proceeded without issues and MacOS appears to boot/run fine.

Upgraded to 0.7.3 and macOS 11.6 - the macOS upgrade got stuck at about 90% on the first reboot, but a hardreset and booting from "Macintosh HD" afterwards fixed it.

Now running OC 0.7.3 with OpenCanopy and macOS 11.6 and everything runs fine.

After a full backup to my spare NVMe SSD, the 11.6 upgrade proceeded without issues. I left it to complete unattended and it was finished when I returned.

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.19.42 PM.png

Someone could probably 3d print an enclosure that houses the drive and fans properly without having to cut one up.
Might get someone to do that if I can get some dimensions of it sorted out. Cant be that bad surely and would make room for more air flow?

When the machine goes to sleep the network (lan) connection goes down. Is it possible to change this, so when the machine is sleeping the lan connection stays active? Any ideas?

@thexsenator The following options are typically disabled on a hackintosh and I haven't tested them, but I think this is what you're looking for:
  • System Preferences > Battery > Battery > Enable Power Nap
  • System Preferences > Battery > Power Adapter > Wake for Network Access
  • System Preferences > Battery > Power Adapter > Enable Power Nap

Upgraded my box to 11.6 still with OC 0.6.9 and it went very smoothly and quickly (though the download took hours because the Apple server was likely hammered by all the people downloading)

I just upgraded from 11.6 to the latest Monterey beta and after a quick look nothing seems to be broken.
The only problem I ran into was the FeatureUnlock kext breaking boot after unlocking FileVault2 on boot.
I didn't investigate it any further and just disabled FeatureUnlock again since I don't use any of the features.

Last edited:
@Shadowghost The RTC ACPI patch breaks some aspects of FV2. In order to use FV2, I think you would need to eliminate the RTC ACPI patch and use RTCMemoryFixup.kext with a suitable rtcfxexclude range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back