Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never take for granted the fact that we're running macOS on our Windows PCs. These EliteDesk Minis think they're Macs! The Big Sur 11.5 update was painless with the OC 0.7.1 EFI attached to Post #1.

View attachment 525174

Hi Deeveedee - Thanks for your informative guide. Managed to get my G4 mini up and running - But I cannot seem to apply 11.5 update? Is there a setting in Opencore to expose the update partition that gets created so I can boot from it?.

The update downloads - It runs for 10 mins, asks me to sign in with Appleid, but I'm still on 11.4 - apologies if this is something simple

@nudehead - need your system specs and your sanitized EFI. Provide your exact system details (e.g. System: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini 65W, CPU: i5-8600) and attach your EFI after you delete PlatformInfo>Generic>ROM, MLB, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID from the config.plist. Also, indicate your graphics connectors/adapters.

EDIT: @nudehead - also specify the make/model of the SSDs (NVMe and SATA) in your system.

Thanks @deeveedee.

HP Elitedesk Mini 35w, i3-8100T. I have a Samsung Evo 970 (500GB) - 2 display ports and an HDMI (only 1 DP connected). Framebuffer patched with platform id 0x3E9B0007. EFI attached....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
@nudehead Without looking at your EFI (yet), your Samsung Evo 970 is suspect. Are you certain that the Samsung firmware is the most current? I've had problems with Samsung NVMe SSDs and just stay clear of them.

@deeveedee. I'll double check on the firmware. If it helps - these are the partitions on the HDD - I cannot see Preboot or Update through the Opencore GUI. Started looking at AFPS drivers - but starting to guess....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 17.38.28.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 17.38.28.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 54
@deeveedee. I'll double check on the firmware. If it helps - these are the partitions on the HDD - I cannot see Preboot or Update through the Opencore GUI. Started looking at AFPS drivers - but starting to guess....

If it makes you feel better, you are not supposed to see neither the Preboot or the Update partition on Opencore GUI. You are not supposed to boot from them to upgrade and they are also present on my setup even though I am not upgrading. Instead during the upgrade process a new partition is created from which you are supposed to boot. What makes me cringe is your samsung SSD....

If it makes you feel better, you are not supposed to see neither the Preboot or the Update partition on Opencore GUI. You are not supposed to boot from them to upgrade and they are also present on my setup even though I am not upgrading. Instead during the upgrade process a new partition is created from which you are supposed to boot. What makes me cringe is your samsung SSD....
@deeveedee - I figured it out (User Error). The Partition did get created and was selectable - I just never recognized it for what it was. Updated the SSD firmware for good measure. Once again thank-you for your guides (btw the Samsung Evo 970 has been bullet proof for me)

HP ProDesk 600 G4 Small Form Factor (SFF)
USB ports map for this.

Both rear USB3 commented because only 15 ports allowed on Big Sur. I don't use rear ports.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 59
@dkulyk I suspected that you needed a new USBPorts.kext for your ProDesk 600 G4 SFF. It would be helpful if you or one of the ProDesk 600 G4 SFF owners posted your EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back