Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would second avoiding the intel card. It takes some hefty workarounds to get it to work and I gave up on it quickly knowing that I wanted something which was fully functional, inclusive of all the continuity features. I highly recommend going with the much cheaper and "workaround free" brcm solution. Two of them were recommended in this thread.

There probably aren't any Acidanthera updates in OC 0.7.1 or Kexts that affect our HackMini's, unless you're testing Monterey. I upgraded OC and Kexts on my HackBookPro14,1 just because this update was so easy and I probably won't get around to upgrading my HackMini8,1 for a while.

If you want to apply the latest Acidanthera updates to your HackMini8,1, the following steps are the way I'd proceed:
  1. Prep a USB stick to store your new EFI for testing
  2. Copy your current OC 0.7.0 EFI to the USB stick EFI (your upgrade steps will be different if you currently have an EFI with an older version of OC)
  3. Download OpenCore 0.7.1 (Release)
  4. Run OC 0.7.1 ocvalidate (in Utilities) against your current config.plist in your USB stick EFI. You'll see two missing properties that need to be fixed: ACPI>Quirks>SyncTableIds and Kernel>Scheme>CustomKernel. Use a plist editor (I use XCode) to copy these properties from the OC 0.7.1 Sample.plist (in Docs) to your config.plist. Re-rerun ocvalidate against your config.plist to confirm the fixes.
  5. Copy the following from OC 0.7.1 that you downloaded to your USB stick EFI (to replace the old versions): OC/OpenCore.efi, OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime.efi, BOOT/Bootx64.efi
  6. Update the following Kexts in your USB stick EFI (you may have other Kexts that need to be updated): AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, NVMeFix.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, IntelMausi.kext
  7. Boot from the USB stick, Reset NVRAM and confirm that macOS boots with your new OC 0.7.1 EFI. After macOS boots, confirm that you're booting with OC 0.7.1 (I check Hackintool's Boot tab)
  8. If you're happy with your new EFI, replace the EFI on your SSD with the updated EFI on your USB stick

Hello everyone, one question, would this guide / EFI be compatible with HP Elitedesk 800 G6 i5-10500? I had to buy a G5 but, it escaped me, now this Elitedesk 800 G6 i5-10500 happened to me and I am in doubt about the total compatibility, could you remove some doubts? Thank you

I uploaded an EFI for OpenCore 0.7.1 (attached to Post #1). This new EFI for OC 0.7.1 includes the following changes from OC0.7.0-EFI-r002:

OC 0.7.1 EFI R001
config.plist
  • Added ACPI>Quirks>SyncTableIds (Boolean, False)
  • Added Kernel>Scheme>CustomKernel (Boolean, False)

Kexts
  • Upgraded AppleALC.kext from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2
  • Upgraded Lilu.kext from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4
  • Upgraded VirtualSMC.kext from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5
  • Upgraded IntelMausi.kext from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7
  • Upgraded NVMeFix.kext from 1.0.8 to 1.0.9
  • Upgraded WhateverGreen.kext from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1
When you upgrade from a previous OC version to OC 0.7.1, be sure to reset NVRAM before you first boot macOS with the new EFI.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, one question, would this guide / EFI be compatible with HP Elitedesk 800 G6 i5-10500? I had to buy a G5 but, it escaped me, now this Elitedesk 800 G6 i5-10500 happened to me and I am in doubt about the total compatibility, could you remove some doubts? Thank you
When you carefully compared the specifications of the G6 Mini to the G4/G5 Mini, what did you find?

Audio, Intel Chipset

When you carefully compared the specifications of the G6 Mini to the G4/G5 Mini, what did you find?

Audio, Intel Chipset
The first difference is in the title "Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4 / G5 Mini" the fact that the G6 is not mentioned does not bode well, then in the processor, I am not experienced enough to understand if it is compatible but, precisely for my inexperience , I wanted an opinion from those who surely know more than me before facing the expense, if it is not compatible I will wait for an opportunity of the G5 but, I wanted to remove the doubt because the price of the G6 is practically the same as the G5 that I missed, thanks if you want to give me an opinion

Hi all,

since this is a iGPU based coffee lake system running Big Sur I try asking here.
Do you know how to enable Netflix streaming?
On my system I'm unable to play Netflix and I get some kind of error.

Thanks.

@zzmadd - welcome back. I don't stream Netflix on my hackmini, but I have read that only T2-equipped Macs can stream Netflix in 4K HD. Is it that you can't stream 4K or you can't stream at all?

EDIT: If this is a DRM issue and Netflix streaming is not working in any resolution, this may be the well-known iGPU-only problem discussed here.

Last edited:
Hi @deeveedee ,

thanks for sharing the article.
I can't stream Netflix at all but I haven't tested Chrome, just Brave which is a iteration of Chromium browser.
I will try Chrome.
From what I understand beside trying Chrome there's not a known solution for iGPU only systems atm.

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back