Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bcm94360ng antenna connector MHF4 working wifi and bluetooth

For the moment
wake with keyboard or trackpad bluetooth is ok and in bios too
Airdrop handoff continuity ok

just Apple watch unlock doesn't work, he say can't contact apple watch
Kernel>Quirks>ExtendBTFeatureFlags: true
Kext nothing more than first post

View attachment 520234
boot-args

keepsyms=1 darkwake=2 igfxonln=1 igfxagdc=0 brcmfx-country=FR brcmfx-driver=1
Your boot-args look incorrect for the kexts that you have listed. Could you please post your complete EFI? Thank you.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 83
@fennec62
  • I would recommend that you use a plist editor (e.g. XCode or plisteditor pro) to edit your config.plist. Your framebuffer-conX-type edits in your config.plist are the wrong data type (see below). The properties need to be Base64 encoded and the plist editor will encode for you. Follow my example for you here (changing the framebuffer-conX-types depending on the order of your connectors)
    Your current framebuffer_conX_types are incorrect
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 9.03.31 AM.png
  • The brcmfx-country=FR brcmfx-driver=1 that you listed here are not configured in the config.plist that you posted. Have you decided not to use them? If you do use them, these boot-args are specifically for AirportBrcmFixup.kext and do nothing unless this kext is installed/enabled.
  • In your config.plist, the property NVRAM>Add>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82>prev-lang:kbd is set to en-US:0. Is that what you want?
  • You have removed logical port SS04 (TypeC) from your USBPorts.kext map and have kept SS03 (TypeC). This will result in strange behavior depending on the orientation of a USB3 device when you plug it into your TypeC port. I would suggest that you keep both logical ports SS03 and SS04 if you need to insert USB3 devices into your TypeC port, but that is a personal preference. Read some of my comments here for more info.

i all modify add airportbrcmfixup.kext with boot arg , but always no unlock watch

just USBPorts.kext how can I modify ?

again thanks

@fennec62 I know there is a language barrier, but have you read these instructions? Take some time to learn how to modify USBPorts.kext and then post your EFI if you need more help.

If you've been reading the last few pages of this thread and you're thoroughly confused about which Wi-Fi card to install in your 800 G4/G5 Mini Hackintosh, you're not alone. I don't have a Broadcom card and my original Intel card is disabled in BIOS, so I haven't pursued a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth solution. I read this which indicates that MHF4 and U.FL are different connectors, while various antenna descriptions that I've read include both MHF4 and U.FL compatibility for the same antenna. Maybe a female antenna connector can be compatible with both a male MHF4 and a male U.FL? I have no idea. I read this to try to figure it out and still don't know, but it suggests that U.FL is equivalent to MHF2 and that the difference between MHF4 and MHF2 is the height of the connector. And I'm still not sure of the connector type (MHF4 or U.FL) of the original antennas in the 800 G4/G5 Mini. I think they are MHF4, but I'm not certain.

If you have a working Wi-Fi/Bluetooth solution for your 800 G4/G5 Mini hackintosh and you create a post in this thread that claims a working Wi-Fi/Bluetooth solution, I think it would be helpful to include the following information in your post:
  1. Exact model of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card
  2. Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card formfactor (Is it an M.2 2230 card that replaces the original Intel card in the original Wi-Fi M.2 slot or is it a card in a different M.2 slot. Does the card need an M.2 adapter)?
  3. Does your Wi-Fi / Bluetooth solution use the original antennas, or did you replace the antennas? If you replaced the antennas, specify the new antenna model.
  4. If you know with certainty the connector type (U.FL, MHF4 or whatever), include them with your description.
  5. What kexts did you install to achieve your working solution? Include your sanitized EFI with your post.

*** WARNING ***
According to this, MHF4 connectors are designed for limited mating cycles (connecting/disconnecting). After the designed maximum of 30 mates, the connector should be replaced. If you are experimenting with multiple Wi-Fi cards, beware that the antenna connectors in our HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Minis have a limited cycle life. Repeated connect/disconnect will degrade the antenna connection integrity. If you've experimented with these connectors, you've already realized this on your own.

Last edited:
If you've been reading the last few pages of this thread and you're thoroughly confused about which Wi-Fi card to install in your 800 G4/G5 Mini Hackintosh, you're not alone. I don't have a Broadcom card and my original Intel card is disabled in BIOS, so I haven't pursued a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth solution. I read this which indicates that MHF4 and U.FL are different connectors, while various antenna descriptions that I've read include both MHF4 and U.FL compatibility for the same antenna. Maybe a female antenna connector can be compatible with both a male MHF4 and a male U.FL? I have no idea. I read this to try to figure it out and still don't know, but it suggests that U.FL is equivalent to MHF2 and that the difference between MHF4 and MHF2 is the height of the connector. And I'm still not sure of the connector type (MHF4 or U.FL) of the original antennas in the 800 G4/G5 Mini. I think they are MHF4, but I'm not certain.

If you have a working Wi-Fi/Bluetooth solution for your 800 G4/G5 Mini hackintosh and you create a post in this thread that claims a working Wi-Fi/Bluetooth solution, I think it would be helpful to include the following information in your post:
  1. Exact model of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card
  2. Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card formfactor (Is it an M.2 2230 card that replaces the original Intel card in the original Wi-Fi M.2 slot or is it a card in a different M.2 slot. Does the card need an M.2 adapter)?
  3. Does your Wi-Fi / Bluetooth solution use the original antennas, or did you replace the antennas? If you replaced the antennas, specify the new antenna model.
  4. If you know with certainty the connector type (U.FL, MHF4 or whatever), include them with your description.
  5. What kexts did you install to achieve your working solution? Include your sanitized EFI with your post.

*** WARNING ***
According to this, MHF4 connectors are designed for limited mating cycles (connecting/disconnecting). After the designed maximum of 30 mates, the connector should be replaced. If you are experimenting with multiple Wi-Fi cards, beware that the antenna connectors in our HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Minis have a limited cycle life. Repeated connect/disconnect will degrade the antenna connection integrity. If you've experimented with these connectors, you've already realized this on your own.

@deeveedee. Thanks for this. Especially the warning which I did not know about but have observed. I am not sure if this was by design or if it is really the unintended consequence of a flimsy design to begin with. I actually broke/desoldered the connector on a couple of cards on laptops before.

I have noodled with this quite a bit and believe to have come to the best solution for it:

1. Exact model of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card:
    1. Apple BCM94360CS2. (The one with 2 antenna not to be confused with the 3 antenna BCM943602CS which would require a 3rd antenna and for me caused some watch unlock problems)
    1. Apple proprietory so it requires an adaptor. In our boxes, because of space constraint, you will need a 180 degree connector and the apple card will partially sit on the M.2 SSD connector near the wifi M.2 connector.
    1. Used the original antennas.
    1. MHF4
    1. None, zilch, nada.
Unlike every solution I tried (I think the expensive M.2 BCM94360 would yield the same result) absolutely everything works with this solution. The most finicky functions have been the continuity and watch unlock functionalities. This happens to also be the cheapest solution I found.

Last edited:
@rafale77 Your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth solution sounds great. Are you able to post a photo that shows how the card is mounted/positioned in the unit (with cover off)? If you already posted this before, I apologize for asking again.

Pictures of my unit while still running which were then airdropped back to the hack itself.

IMG_0204.jpgIMG_0205.jpg

@rafale77 Awesome pics! These help a lot. How are you securing the Wi-Fi card? Is it held only by the slot, or is there something else holding it in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back