Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested the M.2 wifi card BCM94360NG on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4. One of the two antenna connectors (1 - Black) doesn't clip well. It was very well recognized by macOS Big Sur. The BT works fine. However, for the wifi, I can see my network but I can't connect. It turn around continuously without connecting (I have of course checked my wifi key ;) ). Did you use a patch to solve this problem of wifi connection ?. I finally gave up on this card and used an Intel AX200.
@NeoNero and @rafale77 - I can't find evidence that the Intel antenna connectors are different from the BCM94360NG antenna connectors (both appear to be U.FL IPEX MHF4). If the BCM94360NG fits in the existing Wi-Fi M.2 slot without any adapters, it does appear to be a good solution. @rafale77 's solution is good, too. @Delek indicates here that the BCM94360NG works perfectly for him. It is very possible that quality control of the manufactured BCM94360NG is inconsistent and antennal connectors on the card may be slightly deformed.

@NeoNero if you have a magnifying glass, are you able to inspect your antenna connectors on both your Wi-Fi antenna cables and your BCM94360NG to determine whether they are damaged or deformed?

Last edited:
Really have nothing to add to @deeveedee other than thank you. To @NeoNero, I also don't think the antenna connectors are different. I would suspect that your car or your antenna connector is damaged. I also have an AX200 and decided against using for the hack because of the amount of hoops to jump through to make it work... only partially.

@deeveedee and @rafale77 - thank you for your answers I will check the connectors of the cables and those of the M.2 card

With my M.2 Intel AX200 card I use kext from here : itlw, IntelBluetoothFirmware and Heliport program and all works fine. For itlw use V2.0.0 alpha.

Some comparison of 9700 Vs. 9900 and my own passmark data on BS 11.4

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 14.44.13.png

Last edited:
Hi

i have BCM94360NG

All is ok on wifi with antenna connector MHF2

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07PHFCMCR/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

But Bluetooth down with Big Sur

I see haw can I fix but it's for Usb and it's PCIE on G4

Do you have idea how can I do ?

Thanks

You shouldn't use any kexts with this card. Three months ago I decided I want a natively supported WiFi/BT card so I can have as less kexts as possible. I decided I'll go with BCM94360NG card as it was listed in the AcidAnthera's HW/WiFi compatibility guide.

The card arrived and I wasn't able to install it for almost a month(didn't want to play with my perfectly working at this time DW1560). Once I was ready to fiddle with my machine I was surprised because my card recognized but the WiFi wasn't working. I've spent many hours reconfiguring USB's adding and removing kexts without luck. One lazy staurday shift at work I decided I'll give it another try and this is when I came across thw following forum thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...after-updating-to-10-15-1-bcm943602cs.286706/

In short - It seems that my card was in Device Firmware Upgrade (dfu) mode and thus the BT wasn't working. When in dfu mode the Product ID: 0xf007 is present in "Hardware/USB" section of "System Information" window. MacOS doesn't invoke FW upgrade on every boot and the BT stays unoperable. In order to fix this we have to upload the FW manually with dfu-util.

The steps mentioned below brought my BT functionality back and are valid if your card is in dfu mode.
If you brick for some reason your card just remove it and reseat it again in the slot.
Having this said I'm not responsible if you do something to your machine!

The following steps describe how to do this:

Install Homebrew(if you don't have it already):

/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)”

Install dfu-util:

brew install dfu-util

Try to backup the current FW(mine failed to download):

sudo dfu-util -R -U backup.dfu

Upload the FW to the WiFi card:

• BCM943602CS - Product ID 0x8290 so run the following:
sudo dfu-util -R -D /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext/Contents/Resources/20703_8290.dfu

• BCM94360NG - Product ID 0x828D so run the following:
sudo dfu-util -R -D /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext/Contents/Resources/20702_828D.dfu

The following output will appear in your Terminal on successful FW upgrade:

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.

Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt

This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Match vendor ID from file: 05ac

Match product ID from file: 828d

Opening DFU capable USB device...

ID 05ac:f007

Run-time device DFU version 0110

Claiming USB DFU Interface...

Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...

Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0

dfuIDLE, continuing

DFU mode device DFU version 0110

Device returned transfer size 64

Copying data from PC to DFU device

Download [=========================] 100% 51357 bytes

Download done.

state(2) = dfuIDLE, status(0) = No error condition is present

Done!

Resetting USB to switch back to runtime mode

Restart.

All of the above information can be found in the linked forum thread and the credit goes to the creator of Hackintool -- > headkaze!

Good luck!

@fennec62 - I did not know that the BCM94360NG antenna connector is MHF2. Is anyone able to confirm that the Intel antenna connector is MHF4? If that is the case, then the BCM94360NG and Intel cards do have different antenna connectors. See this page for differences between MHF2 and MHF4.

Last edited:
@fennec62 - I did not know that the BCM94360NG antenna connector is MHF2. Is anyone able to confirm that the Intel antenna connector is MHF4? If that is the case, then the BCM94360NG and Intel cards do have different antenna connectors. See this page for differences between MHF2 and MHF4.
i verify tomorrow
and i feedback

I tested the M.2 wifi card BCM94360NG on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4. One of the two antenna connectors (1 - Black) doesn't clip well. It was very well recognized by macOS Big Sur. The BT works fine. However, for the wifi, I can see my network but I can't connect. It turn around continuously without connecting (I have of course checked my wifi key ;) ). Did you use a patch to solve this problem of wifi connection ?. I finally gave up on this card and used an Intel AX200.
hi

how can you do for bluetooth because for me bluetooth doesn't appear

what files to you install ?

thanks

hi

how can you do for bluetooth because for me bluetooth doesn't appear

what files to you install ?

thanks
fix after apply this

all is ok Wifi/bluetooth

thanks

Status