Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! You do have audio over DP / HDMI ENABLED (not disabled) with DeviceProperty hda-gfx="onboard-1". Does your rig sleep and wake OK without issues? It should (since you're not using adapters - just checking). Also, your native device-id (see this datasheet for i5-8500) is 0xe392, so you don't need to define device-id = <923E0000>. Excellent.

@NeoNero - I added your DeviceProperties here. Thank you.
- Yes, I have no issues with sleep and wake.
- I remove the device-id = <923E0000>
- How to disable audio DP / HDMI ? I have to cancel DeviceProperty hda-gfx="onboard-1 ?

- Yes, I have no issues with sleep and wake.
- I remove the device-id = <923E0000>
- How to disable audio DP / HDMI ? I have to cancel DeviceProperty hda-gfx="onboard-1 ?
You would remove properties hda-gfx from Audio and Video and add no-hda-gfx to audio. See attached.

If your rig sleeps/wakes ok, you don't need to disable audio over DP/HDMI. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to disable audio over DP/HDMI?

Attachments

• 2xDP+1HDMI_nohdagfx.plist.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 45
Would you mind attaching your sanitized EFI (remove MLB, ROM, etc. from PlatformInfo>Generic in your config.plist) to your post so that others can see how to load the kexts for Intel Wi-Fi/Bluetooth?
Here is my complete EFI file for my configuration. HP EliteDesk 800 G4 - Intel Core I5 8500 with 2 DP and 1 HDMI Port - 16GB RAM - SSD Samsung 860 EVO SATA 2,5 500 Go - Intel Wifi AX200. The PC is plugged on a 4K monitor using DP.

All works very well and I have no more random black screen after I changer the ports config.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    38.8 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
You would remove properties hda-gfx from Audio and Video and add no-hda-gfx to audio. See attached.

If your rig sleeps/wakes ok, you don't need to disable audio over DP/HDMI. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to disable audio over DP/HDMI?
- Ok, if it works, I don't make any change ;)
- I wanted to disable it because I have no speaker in my monitor.

- Ok, if it works, I don't make any change ;)
- I wanted to disable it because I have no speaker in my monitor.
If you want to learn more about DeviceProperties and framebuffer patching, create a bootable USB with your experimental EFI and make changes on the USB. I find that knowing the details about framebuffer patching has helped me to maintain my hackintosh and you'll be able to help others who ask questions. Thank you for contributing!

• Your DeviceProperties don't include hda-gfx. According to this, AppleALC/WEG automatically injects hda-gfx, so your plist should be correct. Does audio over DP work for you without having to define hda-gfx?

Yes it does. That is correct. I have no need to define it.
  • According to this datasheet, your CPU device-id is 0x3E98. Is there any reason that you include device-id in your DeviceProperties?

At one point I played with an ES version of this CPU which is the reason why I tinkered with injecting the ID directly to see if it made any difference. I left it there because... it can't hurt.
  • You are using ig-platform-id <07009B3E> which according to this defines 3xDP ports (see below). Do your graphics still work ok if you don't define framebuffer-con1-enable, framebuffer-con1-pipe and framebuffer-patch-enable? If they work ok without defining these, what is the purpose of defining these properties?

This is a tricky question. This was generated by hackintool but I injected this because I was also playing with a DP -> hdmi adapter. Though I use 3 DP, I also wanted my config to work with my adaptor dongle on all 3 ports... which it does after enabling these patches. My monitor has one DP and 4 hdmi ports. I wanted that flexibility just in case... Without it, the DP ports still work but I had problems with the hdmi adaptors.

Last edited:
Yes it does. That is correct. I have no need to define it.

At one point I played with an ES version of this CPU which is the reason why I tinkered with injecting the ID directly to see if it made any difference. I left it there because... it can't hurt.

This is a tricky question. This was generated by hackintool but I injected this because I was also playing with a DP -> hdmi adapter. Though I use 3 DP, I also wanted my config to work with my adaptor dongle on all 3 ports... which it does after enabling these patches. My monitor has one DP and 4 hdmi ports. I wanted that flexibility just in case... Without it, the DP ports still work but I had problems with the hdmi adaptors.
Thanks. That all makes sense. Would you be able to test the attached DeviceProperties to see if this still works ok with 3xDP, Audio over DP and sleep/wake? I removed device-id, framebuffer-con1-enable and framebuffer-con1-pipe (I shouldn't have included framebuffer-patch-enable in my list of unnecessary properties). Thanks!

Attachments

• DeviceProperties.plist.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 59
i command BCM94360NG for wireless and bluetooth

For the moment i have a bluetooth USB but i can't wake when sleep only with mouse USB

With BCM94360NG do you think i can wake ?

Thanks

i command BCM94360NG for wireless and bluetooth

For the moment i have a bluetooth USB but i can't wake when sleep only with mouse USB

With BCM94360NG do you think i can wake ?

Thanks
I'm not at a hack with Bluetooth right now, so I can't look. Does this help you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back