Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for your job

i have
DP to dvi
DP to hdmi
DP to VGA

I put plist for 3 DP to dvi like post 1

But it s not very stable

how can I do for apply my config

thanks a lot for your help

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked previously, I just can't seem to find a concrete answer.

I'm looking to replace my wifi card, what would be the go to for our little machines?

Thanks in adavance.

Thanks a lot for your job

i have
DP to dvi
DP to hdmi
DP to VGA

I put plist for 3 DP to dvi like post 1

But it s not very stable

how can I do for apply my config

thanks a lot for your help
You'll need to experiment to figure out what works for you (and after you get it working, let us know). Here are some things to help:

First, you need to know which connectors are associated with which displays. The connectors con0, con1 and con2 are as shown here (red arrows):
EliteDesk800RearPorts.jpg

Next, you need to know the connector types. Your connector types (from here) are as follows:
  • DP->DVI (use DVI Dual-link): <04 00 00 00> (use HDMI starting with Big Sur 11.6.2 and Monterey): <00 08 00 00>
  • DP->HDMI (use HDMI): <00 08 00 00>
  • DP->VGA (use DP. This says to use DP for VGA). DP: <00 04 00 00>
Next you'll need to determine the associated Bus IDs for each connector. From this post, it looks like you're ok with using Bus IDs 0x01, 0x02, 0x04, 0x06 (same as I use in my posted config.plist). Getting the right Bus IDs for me was trial and error (I hadn't found anyone who successfully got DP->DVI adapters working when I started patching. You will still find published framebuffer patching guides that tell you that you should not use adapters.). If you have problems with Bus IDs, you may need to eliminate Bus ID 0x01 and use only 0x02, 0x04 and 0x06 (Bus IDs that are valid for DVI, HDMI, DP and VGA).

Next you need to decide whether you'll use Hackintool or manually edit an existing config.plist. I'd suggest editing the config.plist that I include with my posted EFI. Use a plist editing tool (e.g. XCode or plistedit pro) to avoid typos, because if you screw up your config.plist format, config.plist will not load and OC won't boot macOS. If you don't use Hackintool to create your framebuffer patches, it's still a good tool to view your patches after you manually apply them. Here's what Hackintool shows for my framebuffer configuration (when only 2 monitors are connected to con0 and con2):

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 3.34.22 PM.png

To get you started with manual edits, I have edited the attached DeviceProperties as follows:
  • framebuffer-con0-type: <04000000> (DVI)
  • framebuffer-con1-type: <00080000> (HDMI)
  • framebuffer-con2-type: <00040000> (DP - for VGA)

Good luck! Update us with your progress. Here are some links for reference:

Attachments

• DeviceProperties.plist.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
  • @rafale77 - I think you have DeviceProperties that are not yet added here and I want to make sure your DeviceProperties are represented. Do you mind posting your DeviceProperties modeled after the example here?
  • @Delek - you indicated here that the BCM94360NG works in our Minis OOB with no mods/kexts. Are you (or anyone else) still recommending this Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card for our HackMinis?

Not sure which ones. I have multiple units but all have 3 DP and only one actually runs macOS. I do use audio over DP.

You'll need to experiment to figure out what works for you (and after you get it working, let us know). Here are some things to help:

First, you need to know which connectors are associated with which displays. The connectors con0, con1 and con2 are as shown here (red arrows):
View attachment 519290

Next, you need to know the port types. Your port types (from here) are as follows:
  • DP->DVI (use DVI Dual-link): <04 00 00 00>
  • DP->HDMI (use HDMI): <00 08 00 00>
  • DP->VGA (use either DP or VGA - I'm not sure. This says to use DP for VGA). DP: <00 04 00 00>
Next you'll need to determine the associated Bus IDs for each connector. From this post, it looks like you're ok with using Bus IDs 0x01, 0x02, 0x04, 0x06 (same as I use in my posted config.plist). Getting the right Bus IDs for me was trial and error (I hadn't found anyone who successfully got DP->DVI adapters working when I started patching). If you have problems with Bus IDs, you may need to eliminate Bus ID 0x01 and use only 0x02, 0x04 and 0x06 (Bus IDs that are valid for DVI, HDMI, DP and VGA).

Next you need to decide whether you'll use Hackintool or manually edit an existing config.plist. I'd suggest editing the config.plist that I include with my posted EFI. If you don't use Hackintool to create your framebuffer patches, it's still a good tool to view your patches after you manually apply them. Here's what Hackintool shows for my framebuffer configuration (when only 2 monitors are connected to con0 and con2):

View attachment 519291

To get you started with manual edits, I have edited the attached DeviceProperties as follows:
  • framebuffer-con0-type: <04000000> (DVI)
  • framebuffer-con1-type: <00080000> (HDMI)
  • framebuffer-con2-type: <00040000> (DP - for VGA)

Good luck! Update us with your progress. Here are some links for reference:
thanks a lot I try

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked previously, I just can't seem to find a concrete answer.

I'm looking to replace my wifi card, what would be the go to for our little machines?

Thanks in adavance.
I use Intel AX200 M.2 card with itlwm and bluetooth kext and it works verry well.
Look to the bench in attached file

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-05-22 à 13.53.13.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-22 à 13.53.13.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
My Hackintosh : HP EliteDesk 800 G4 - Intel I5 8500 - Intel UHD 630 (2 DP + HDMI port in the back)
I'll share my configuration. I'm using 2x DP: 2x original DP ports + HDMI port.
Currently using just one DP cable.
------------------------------------------
DeviceProperties : 2 x DP + 1 HDMI
Audio Device Properties: Audio over DP / HDMI is disabled with property No-hda-gfx. My monitor does not have speakers, so I use the internal one.

Attachments

• 2xDP+1HDMI.plist
    2.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
My Hackintosh : HP EliteDesk 800 G4 - Intel I5 8500 - Intel UHD 630 (2 DP + HDMI port in the back)
I'll share my configuration. I'm using 2x DP: 2x original DP ports + HDMI port.
Currently using just one DP cable.
------------------------------------------
DeviceProperties : 2 x DP + 1 HDMI
Audio Device Properties: Audio over DP / HDMI is disabled with property No-hda-gfx. My monitor does not have speakers, so I use the internal one.
Thank you! You do have audio over DP / HDMI ENABLED (not disabled) with DeviceProperty hda-gfx="onboard-1". Does your rig sleep and wake OK without issues? It should (since you're not using adapters - just checking). Also, your native device-id (see this datasheet for i5-8500) is 0xe392, so you don't need to define device-id = <923E0000>. Excellent.

@NeoNero - I added your DeviceProperties here. Thank you.

Last edited:
I use Intel AX200 M.2 card with itlwm and bluetooth kext and it works verry well.
Look to the bench in attached file
Would you mind attaching your sanitized EFI (remove MLB, ROM, etc. from PlatformInfo>Generic in your config.plist) to your post so that others can see how to load the kexts for Intel Wi-Fi/Bluetooth?

Not sure which ones. I have multiple units but all have 3 DP and only one actually runs macOS. I do use audio over DP.
I extracted the DeviceProperties from your posted EFI here. The extracted DeviceProperties are attached. I'd like to post them as a sample solution for 3xDP with audio over DP, but there are some things I'd like to check first (and I'm asking you because I know you're an advanced hacker):
  • Your DeviceProperties don't include hda-gfx. According to this, AppleALC/WEG automatically injects hda-gfx, so your plist should be correct. Does audio over DP work for you without having to define hda-gfx?
  • According to this datasheet, your CPU device-id is 0x3E98. Is there any reason that you include device-id in your DeviceProperties?
  • You are using ig-platform-id <07009B3E> which according to this defines 3xDP ports (see below). Do your graphics still work ok if you don't define framebuffer-con1-enable, framebuffer-con1-pipe and framebuffer-patch-enable? If they work ok without defining these, what is the purpose of defining these properties?
Thanks!

Code:
ID: 3E9B0007, STOLEN: 57 MB, FBMEM: 0 bytes, VRAM: 1536 MB, Flags: 0x00801302
TOTAL STOLEN: 58 MB, TOTAL CURSOR: 1 MB (1572864 bytes), MAX STOLEN: 172 MB, MAX OVERALL: 173 MB (181940224 bytes)
Model name: Intel UHD Graphics 630
Camellia: CamelliaDisabled (0), Freq: 0 Hz, FreqMax: 0 Hz
Mobile: 0, PipeCount: 3, PortCount: 3, FBMemoryCount: 3
[1] busId: 0x05, pipe: 9, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x000003C7 - ConnectorDP
[2] busId: 0x04, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x000003C7 - ConnectorDP
[3] busId: 0x06, pipe: 8, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x000003C7 - ConnectorDP
01050900 00040000 C7030000
02040A00 00040000 C7030000
03060800 00040000 C7030000

Attachments

• DeviceProperties.plist.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 55