Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: After this post, a new OC 0.6.9 was committed to github to correct the CustomDelays type error. Sample.plist is now correct.
---------------------------------------
Took a quick look at OC 0.6.9 and ran ocvalidate against the sample.plist. Looks like ocvalidate 0.6.9 (and thus 0C 0.6.9) is looking for CustomDelays to be Boolean (contrary to the String value in sample.plist). If you're making your own changes from the 0.6.8 EFI r004 attached to Post #1, it looks like the changes for 0.6.9 are as follows (what I would release as OC 0.6.9 EFI R001):

Changes for OC 0.6.9
config.plist
- Remove: ACPI > Patch no longer includes EC0->EC rename
- New: ACPI > Add includes SSDT-EC to inject Fake EC
- New: UEFI > Quirks > EnableVectorAcceleration (True)
- New: UEFI > Quirks > ForgeUefiSupport (False)
- New: UEFI > ReloadOptionRoms (False)
- Change: UEFI > AppleInput > CustomDelays from String/"Auto" to Boolean/False (contrary to String value in 0.6.9 sample.plist)

Kexts
- Update: IntelMausi.kext v1.0.6
- Update: VirtualSMC.kext v1.2.3
- Update: NVMeFix.kext v1.0.7
- Update: Lilu.kext v1.5.3
- Update: AppleALC.kext v1.6.0

EDIT: This update looked so easy after I wrote this post, that I just went ahead and updated. No issues with 0.6.9 (and I don't notice any differences). I am currently running with boot-arg -nvmefaspm for NVMeFix.kext 1.0.7 for testing.

Last edited:
And I am jumping to update to 11.3.1 as we speak still on 0.6.8. Will test 0.6.9 in a bit.

And it all upgraded fine! An easy way to run the upgrade BTW is to replace the files from the package into the your EFI partition and then to open the config.plist file using the updated opencore configurator and just save it. It makes all the updates for you.

Post #1 now includes an EFI for Open Core 0.6.9 (OC0.6.9-EFI-r001). This new EFI for OC 0.6.9 includes the following changes from OC0.6.8-EFI-r004:

OC 0.6.9 R001
config.plist
  • Remove: ACPI > Patch no longer includes EC0->EC rename
  • New: ACPI > Add includes SSDT-EC to inject Fake EC
  • New: UEFI > Quirks > EnableVectorAcceleration (True)
  • New: UEFI > Quirks > ForgeUefiSupport (False)
  • New: UEFI > ReloadOptionRoms (False)
  • Change: UEFI > AppleInput > CustomDelays from String/"Auto" to Boolean/False
ACPI
  • New: SSDT-EC.aml to inject a Fake EC

Kexts
  • Update: IntelMausi.kext v1.0.5 -> v1.0.6
  • Update: VirtualSMC.kext v1.2.2 -> v1.2.3
  • Update: NVMeFix.kext v1.0.6 -> v1.0.7
  • Update: Lilu.kext v1.5.2 -> v1.5.3
  • Update: AppleALC.kext v1.5.9 -> v1.6.0
Before using this new EFI, edit config.plist to populate PlatformInfo > Generic > MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID with your own values. See full installation instructions here.

Hi, i installed a Big Sur 11,3,1 Hackintosh on the hp Elitedesk 800 G4 Mini with the cpu intel i5 vpro 8500. All is ok and work fine except the bluetooth. I use an Intel WIFI 6 ax200 card, the wifi work fine with itlwm.kext. I inject also the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext and IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext but the devise doesn't appear in PCIe section. I tested both EFI file in oc0.6.8-r004 and the new oc0.6.9-r001 all works fine but no Bluetooth. Thanks for your help.
I noticed 2 kext files not declared on the kernel section USBPorts-16.kext and USBPorts-noHS14.kext, what are used for ? replacement for USBPorts.kext ?

@NeoNero Glad this guide worked for you. Read these instructions carefully. You will need to customize USBPorts.kext so that you have enabled logical port HS14 while remaining within the 15-port limit.

@NeoNero This post should help you, too.

Last edited:
Looking for testers...

Thanks to a conversation in the "other forum's" Open Core Discussion, it looks like I'll be able to make a change to config.plist that may improve dual-booting macOS and Windows with OC. It appears that the _DSM rename patch in config.plist is unnecessary. I'll take a closer look to be sure. The current OC EFIs attached to Post #1 have a config.plist that globally renames _DSM to XDSM. This means that for those booting Windows with OC, there are no _DSM methods in ACPI. If this _DSM rename patch is unnecessary, eliminitating this patch should restore the system to its original state when booting Windows with OC. For those who want to help me test, simply disable the _DSM->XDSM ACPI patch in config.plist.

Please post your testing observations / feedback in this thread. Thank you.

EDIT: I've cycled my hack through multiple reboots and multiple shutdown/starts and all is working well without the _DSM->XDSM rename patch. The system is working perfectly and there are no ACPI errors.

Last edited:
Looking for testers...

Thanks to a conversation in the "other forum's" Open Core Discussion, it looks like I'll be able to make a change to config.plist that may improve dual-booting macOS and Windows with OC. It appears that the _DSM rename patch in config.plist is unnecessary. I'll take a closer look to be sure. The current OC EFIs attached to Post #1 have a config.plist that globally renames _DSM to XDSM. This means that for those booting Windows with OC, there are no _DSM methods in ACPI. If this _DSM rename patch is unnecessary, eliminitating this patch should restore the system to its original state when booting Windows with OC. For those who want to help me test, simply disable the _DSM->XDSM ACPI patch in config.plist.

Please post your testing observations / feedback in this thread. Thank you.
Man, you are the best! I just bought a G5 mini just for giving all your work a try. Thanks a lot.

All work's fine now Bluetooth and WiFi 6 on my Intel AX200 M.2 Card. I only activate the USB port HS14 and Edit EFI/OC/Kexts/USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

I choose to delete the Type C USB2 port (HS10) to make room for the Bluetooth USB port (HS14).

For those that they have the same problem with Intel WIFI card, I share my USBPorts.kext to have active Bluetooth device in HP EliteDesk 800 G4 mini.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back