Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@stormblessed It would be best for you to post your edited USBPorts.kext so I can be certain of your changes, but if I understand you correctly, then you edited USBPorts-16.kext/Contents/Info.plist to delete HS10 (which deletes ONLY the USB2 logical port on the USB-C port, leaving the two USB3 logical ports). Keep in mind that the Intel Wi-Fi/Bluetooth is not native to Apple and I can't support it in this thread (but I do encourage experimentation).

@stormblessed It would be best for you to post your edited USBPorts.kext so I can be certain of your changes, but if I understand you correctly, then you edited USBPorts-16.kext/Contents/Info.plist to delete HS10 (which deletes ONLY the USB2 logical port on the USB-C port, leaving the two USB3 logical ports). Keep in mind that the Intel Wi-Fi/Bluetooth is not native to Apple and I can't support it in this thread (but I do encourage experimentation).
Here it is.
about the Adapter, since my monitor also has a VGA port. I will see if the wake works normally on it, since it requires no adapter.
Edit: Kext.zip

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Here it is.
about the Adapter, since my monitor also has a VGA port. I will see if the wake works normally on it, since it requires no adapter.
I'm not able to download your Info.plist. Can you try attaching a compressed (.zip) version of it? I'll be back later to take a look.

@stormblessed Your custom USBPorts.kext looks good. You have 15 logical USB Ports with HS10 (USB-C, USB2) deleted.

In "the other forum," Download-Fritz stated that RtcMemoryFixup.kext is used to patch RTC memory when Hibernate and "FileVault 2 Unattended Restart" are used. I don't use Hibernate or FV2 Unattended Restart with my hack, so I do not need RtcMemoryFixup.kext (with custom rtcfx_exclude). This should be my last post about RtcMemoryFixup.kext, as I have switched to the RTC patch mentioned here. To confirm correct application of the RTC patch, open IORegistryExplorer and confirm that RTC is deleted, RTC0 is detected and RTC.IODeviceMemory.length = 0x2.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 6.05.18 PM.png

EDIT: I re-ran Geekbench 5 to confirm that the RTC patch (instead of RtcMemoryFixup.kext) does not hurt performance. GB5 score seems unphased by the patch.

GB5 Scores for HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini / i7-9700 / 32GB DDR4
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 10.12.30 PM.png

Last edited:
In preparation for my next OC EFI, I have updated ACPI patches with STA methods that conditionally enable/disable added devices for macOS. These updated ACPI patches are attached. The changes affect the following SSDTs:
  • SSDT-DMAC
  • SSDT-PLUG
  • SSDT-PMCR
  • SSDT-PPMC
  • SSDT-XSPI
Note that these STA updates are important if you intend to boot multiple OSes with a single boot loader (e.g. you intend to boot Windows and macOS with OpenCore). I boot only macOS with OC, so I am not able to fully test these changes.

I would welcome and appreciate review and feedback for these proposed ACPI patches - especially from people who are booting both Windows and macOS with OC. Thank you.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I attached a new ACPI.zip to my previous post after seeing Dortania Guide's latest recommended SSDT-PLUG. Sorry if anyone already downloaded this updated ACPI.zip for testing. Just make sure you have my latest SSDT-PLUG now attached to my previous post.

I'd like to be able to recommend an Apple-compatible M.2 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth replacement for the Intel cards included in our EliteDesk Minis. Is the WiFi M.2 NGFF Adapter BCM94360NG a suitable replacement that will fit without modification in our Mini M.2 2230 slot (slot where the Intel adapter is installed)?

EDIT: I'm surprised that Amazon lists this BCM94360NG adapter with "Hackintosh" in the description. Amazing.

Update: After all the changes I decided to remove the bottom right USB3, because I use it as a mouse, so it won't make a difference.
My bluetooth doesn't connect with any 4.0 device, it's a bug from Intel Open Wifi kext, but it works ok with bluetooth 5 devices. I was going to get a BCM94360NG, but it's a bit expensive. Maybe later on, this one is doing a great job now, even though my keyboard and mouse won't connect.
Ever since I switched to VGA > VGA it stopped with the Sleep problem, now it work perfectly. Dualboot with windows is also perfect.

I've got one question, I see that some of you guys have a 65w CPU. How does the elitedesk handle? Mine has a 35w I5-9500T. A friend of mine has an i5-9400, If I wanted to I could probably swap it with him with no cost whatsoever. But I'm afraid that my aluminum heatsink/cooler wont be able to handle it, and also the power supply which is only 65w.
Can I get a copper heatsink or a better cooler to this machine? Is it worth it to upgrade do a 65w i5/i7 or even an i9 in the future? What power supply do you guys use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back