Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, By my G5 dm, successfully installed Big Sur,I have a hp thunderbolt 3.0 port flex io, External graphics dock(Legion BoostStation eGFX box) is connected through this port with rx5700xt graphics card,The USB ports in the graphics dock is normal, Thunderbolt displays "are Drivers no loaded" in the system information, isn't work. How to enable it?
Me too, looking for solution on thunderbolt enable on 800 g4 dm, how about yours , working now ?

One of these SSDT should fix all RTC problems.
They disable the original RTC device and create a new one in it's place with a limited RAM so OSX plays nice.

If your DSDT already used the _STA method for the RTC device, this won't work and most likely you also have an AWAC device, so depending on the STAS variable, either AWAC or RTC become enabled, so then the trick is to disable both by changing STAS to a value that will disable both and then just create the new RTC device.

Most likely RTC0.aml will do the trick.
Just use one or the other.
Check against your DSDT to make sure the path to RTC is correct.
Thanks for posting this. RTC0.aml is the same solution that CLOVER's FixRTC uses (set RTC memory length = 0x02). The Acidanthera Team has a different philosophy about the proper way to patch RTC (differs from Slice / CLOVER). Since we're using OpenCore, I've opted to adopt the Acidanthera approach (RTCMemoryFixup). I'm sure both approaches work fine (and Slice insists that his RTC memory length approach is best). I haven't tested @dolphin19303 's new rtcfx_exclude range on my EliteDesk 800 G4 (currently using it on my 800 G5 without any problems), but rtcfx_exclude / RTCMemoryFixup (and/or rtc-blacklist) is the approach I'm using at this time.

Thanks for posting this. RTC0.aml is the same solution that CLOVER's FixRTC uses (set RTC memory length = 0x02).
A while back I tried using RTCMemoryFixup on my Zbook and after many hours of trial and error, I found there were many non contigious bad regions and after subdividing and more subdividing, I ended up with a usable section that was pretty much the same length as what this SSDT fix allows, so I opted for the easier approach, and maybe this will help anyone in case the find the same problems.

Also thanks for sharing your work as this thread gave me many ideas to further tweak my Zbook.

Hi @deeveedee, I've been a keen follower of your guide for a while. Yesterday I got my HP ProDesk 600 G3 Mini Intel i3-7300T 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 for $190. Your BIOS configuration PDF came in handy in setting up my build and I sort of made some progress with my OC 6.5 Big Sur installer, stuck at 'Reboot failure: 5', or something similar to that. More use of the search tool required, but I'm half way there.

@craighazan Good luck with your G3 Mini. If the 600 G3 Mini behaves like the 800 G3 Mini, you'll find that everything works perfectly, except for wake. It's a Kabylake HD630 issue.

@dolphin19303 - I'm am fairly certain that my 800 G5 Mini is booting better with your rtcfx_exclude range. I haven't done any real testing - I'm just using what you suggested. Nice work!

I think you can try this file for hp-prodesk-600-g3
Hi @deeveedee, I've been a keen follower of your guide for a while. Yesterday I got my HP ProDesk 600 G3 Mini Intel i3-7300T 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 for $190. Your BIOS configuration PDF came in handy in setting up my build and I sort of made some progress with my OC 6.5 Big Sur installer, stuck at 'Reboot failure: 5', or something similar to that. More use of the search tool required, but I'm half way there.

Attachments

• HP-ProDesk-600-G3-EFI-master.zip
    26.4 MB · Views: 81
I've noticed that my M.2 Samsung Pro quite hot when computer running. Do I need a thermal for it or adding some extra fans ?
another things is that I see the second slot position M.2 is higher than 1st. I think I will move my M.2 to that slot & hope that can be cooler a bit but don't know that It will impact anything to my M2 speed or not ?

@dolphin19303 You can move your Samsung Pro NVMe SSD to the other M.2 slot - performance is the same. If you are not using NVMeFix.kext, try adding it to your EFI to see if that reduces your NVMe SSD temps.

@meirr I don't think that 600 G3 Mini EFI is complete. I don't want to offend anyone, so I won't comment much, but it's not an EFI that I would use.

All - I have not had a chance to test @dolphin19303 's proposed rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF range on my 800 G4 Mini (have only been using my G5 Mini lately). This range is working well for me on the G5 Mini. Some strange boot behavior that I was seeing on the G5 Mini (sometimes OC boot picker would not display and sometimes the Apple logo would not display during boot-up) no longer occurs after using this new rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF range.

Has anyone else tested rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF and confirmed that it works for them (eliminating the RTC corruption issues on the G4 Mini)? If so, I'd like to post a revised EFI with this new rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF range.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back