Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning @deeveedee , after few days using r3. I see the RTC issues is comeback (some times happen) on my G4 65w. Just want to report that for next r4 improvement if has :cool:

morning @deeveedee , after few days using r3. I see the RTC issues is comeback (some times happen) on my G4 65w. Just want to report that for next r4 improvement if has :cool:
I observed an RTC issue once on the first reboot after I switched from FakeSMC.kext to VirtualSMC.kext (switching from OC0.6.6 EFI r002 to r003). I haven't observed any RTC issues since then. If your RTC issues persist, can you set your rtcfx_exclude=B0-B8 and let me know if that resolves your RTC issue?

I observed an RTC issue once on the first reboot after I switched from FakeSMC.kext to VirtualSMC.kext (switching from OC0.6.6 EFI r002 to r003). I haven't observed any RTC issues since then. If your RTC issues persist, can you set your rtcfx_exclude=B0-B8 and let me know if that resolves your RTC issue?
okay let me do test for couple of days then. Thanks for your helps !

In preparation for OC 0.6.7, my config.plist will have the following changes (so far):
  1. Booter > Quirks > ProtectUefiServices: change from 0 to 1
  2. PlatformInfo > Generic > MaxBIOSVersion = 0
I have noticed that OC Sanity Checker recommends different values for ProtectUefiServices (0 or 1) depending on whether the platform is Desktop or Laptop and depending on whether the platform is 8th Gen or 9th Gen Intel. I'm settling on ProtectUefiServices = 1.

Also, my future config.plists will include a Kernel > Add entry for NVMeFix.kext.

Also, if testing with rtcfx_exclude indicates that it needs to be changed to resolve RTC issues, I may change this boot-arg. It appears that we have some flexibility with this, so as long as the rtcfx_exlude range isn't too broad, it will resolve the RTC issue on G3 and G4 without adversely impacting operation of G5 (so all can have the same EFI).

EDIT: Looks like there's a new quirk (UEFI > Quirks > ActivateHpetSupport) that we'll want to set <False> in our config.plist.

Last edited:
@dolphin19303 rtcfx_exclude=B0-B8 is working well for me. How is it working for you? I have also enabled ProtectUefiServices = 1 as I mentioned here. My rig is running perfectly - no issues.

@dolphin19303 - I just observed the RTC issue on my G4 Mini (Big Sur 11.2.1, OC 0.6.6, Boot-Arg rtcfx_exclude=B0-B8, ProtectUefiServices=True). I observed it when restarting (Apple Menu -> Restart). It looks like the RTC issue is now easily reproducible on the G4 Mini. Would you like to take a turn at figuring out the rtcfx_exclude range for RTCMemoryFixup.kext?

Last edited:
Post #1 now has an attached EFI for OpenCore 0.6.7. The changes to this new EFI are as follows:

OC 0.6.7 R001
config.plist changes

• Changed Booter>Quirks>ProtectUefiServices from No to Yes
  • Added PlatformInfo>Generic>MaxBIOSVersion = No
  • Added Kernel>Add entry for NVMeFix.kext
  • Added UEFI>Quirks>ActivateHpetSupport = No
  • Removed UEFI>Input>KeyMergeThreshold
  • Changed Boot-Arg rtcfx_exclude=B0-B3,B7 to rtcfx_exclude=B0-B8. This change did not resolve the RTC issue for the G4 Mini.
Kext Updates
  • Changed default USBPorts.kext to match USBPorts-NoHS14.kext (Kernel>Quirks>XhciPortLimit=False)
  • Updated AppleALC.kext 1.5.7 -> 1.5.8
  • Updated VirtualSMC.kext 1.2.0 -> 1.2.1
  • Updated WhateverGreen.kext 1.4.7 -> 1.4.8
  • Added NVMeFix.kext 1.0.5

This EFI update for Open Core 0.6.7 includes a USBPorts.kext that is equivalent to USBPorts-NoHS14.kext (also included in this EFI) to comply with the 15-port logical USB port limit (with Kernel>Quirks>XhciPortLimit=False). This USBPorts.kext does not have port HS14 (the internal Bluetooth USB port). We can no longer boot with more than 15 logical USB ports starting with Big Sur 11.3. This EFI also includes USBPorts-16.kext that you can edit to customize your own USB port map. USBPorts-16.kext includes all 16 of the available logical USB ports on the G3, G4 and G5 Minis.

Before using this EFI, replace the following PlatformInfo>Generic values in config.plist with your own (use https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS):
  • MLB
  • ROM
  • SystemSerialNumber
  • SystemUUID

This EFI enables the boot chime. If you want OpenCore to load faster, disable UEFI>AudioSupport and delete the UEFI Audio driver (in config.plist).

@dolphin19303 rtcfx_exclude=B0-B8 is working well for me. How is it working for you? I have also enabled ProtectUefiServices = 1 as I mentioned here. My rig is running perfectly - no issues.

@dolphin19303 - I just observed the RTC issue on my G4 Mini (Big Sur 11.2.1, OC 0.6.6, Boot-Arg rtcfx_exclude=B0-B8, ProtectUefiServices=True). I observed it when restarting (Apple Menu -> Restart). It looks like the RTC issue is now easily reproducible on the G4 Mini. Would you like to take a turn at figuring out the rtcfx_exclude range for RTCMemoryFixup.kext?
yes, how to do that. Can you show me, I also see it happen at 0.6.7 r001.
Another issues I found in 0.6.7 r001 is the bluetooth is disabled (still work with previous version). I'm using Bcm94360cs2 wifi card

How to make HDMI audio work normally

yes, how to do that. Can you show me, I also see it happen at 0.6.7 r001.
Another issues I found in 0.6.7 r001 is the bluetooth is disabled (still work with previous version). I'm using Bcm94360cs2 wifi card
Port HS14 is not included in USBPorts.kext. Please read this to understand changes to USB Ports. Starting with my new EFIs, you will need to create your own custom USB Port map that includes HS14 (internal Bluetooth USB). Read this to learn about rtcfx_exclude.

How to make HDMI audio work normally
Please read all Known Issues (including the Catalina Known Issues).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back